• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is this a cosmic aeroplane pedigree book?

11 posts in this topic

I have some books of this pedigree and the pencil checkmark on the cover (sensation 50) looks identical to the pencil checkmarks from all the cosmic aeroplane books I have. only problem is 1) ive never seen the check mark on the cover before and 2) the checkmarks are usually in the margins throughout the book, only there are no checkmarks in this book at all except for the cover. is it possible that the art teacher only wanted the students to draw this cover and its a cosmic aeroplane pedigree with only the single checkmark on the cover-it looks 100% the samecompared to check marks ive seen on other books. thoughts? thank you!

sen50_zpsa817565d.jpg

oh well......

thank you for your opinion Timely-which I respect and listen to 100%.

I guess at the least ive got a sensation 50 in G+/2.5-3.0 condition

I didn't pay a whole lot for it so I can just add it to my collection of books and not get it slabed as a pedigree

cheers!

sandy

Check marks on the covers of comics are a common occurrence. The checkmarks on the CAs were, so far as we know, done by the same person and are distinctive. I agree with Timely that the mark on this example is not close enough to be considered a CA.

Don't some Lloyd Jaquet books carry a single check mark on the cover?

Yes, they do. They generally have less that stellar page quality. Most range from Tan up to cream to off-white. This Sensation has cup stains on the front cover, not something I'd expect to see on a file copy.

yes there are cup stains and tan pages-far from a file copy-lol

what is a Lloyd jaquet copy? if that a file copy/ pedigree?

and im glad I asked cause far be it for a newb (me) to disagree with people I respect 100% like timely and admastrange (and thank you guys so much for your input you saved me $ from slabbing and I will always defer to you on your opinion) BUT.....

to my naked eye, the check mark does look the same on the cover as in the interior of other CA books I have. its only bigger cause there is more room on the cover then in the margins

but I guess that's why im not a grader and should leave it to the people that know what the heck they are talking about! hee hee :D

thanks again guys

I love this community!