• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 13 : Contest

73 posts in this topic

Basically, it is a LIGHT crease (i.e. barely breaks color). If it had been one of those HEAVY creases (where you can actually see the paper folding when looking from the interior cover), I think they would have downgraded it much more.

It's neck and neck FFB! thumbsup2.gif

exactly - i found an example of an old JIM #87 that was graded approx 8.5 - 9.0 and dropped to a 6.0 for a "light" crease that was considerably smaller than this one. if it wasn't for me we'd be in first place all alone. frown.gif

I gave this book a grade of 5.0 based on your Amazing Fantasy #15 that got a 5.0 or 5.5 because of the light subscription crease.

So I guess what I'm saying is that if it weren't for you, my team would be in first place all alone too.

27_laughing.gifyay.gifheadbang.gif

exactly - i found an example of an old JIM #87 that was graded approx 8.5 - 9.0 and dropped to a 6.0 for a "light" crease that was considerably smaller than this one. if it wasn't for me we'd be in first place all alone. frown.gif

I gave this book a grade of 5.0 based on your Amazing Fantasy #15 that got a 5.0 or 5.5 because of the light subscription crease.

So I guess what I'm saying is that if it weren't for you, my team would be in first place all alone too.

cool - have i kept any other teams out of first place????yeahok.gif

Yes, I have found your comments in the grading thread to be profoundly influential to my overall grading skills and personal well-being! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif Otherwise the "D-Team" (not quite the "A-Team") would be in the firstest position!!! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

hi.gif

Raw or slabbed F/VF seems to be the loosest grade used. While I grant our team was hard on this book, I really can't see it as more than a 6.0 at best. Conversely I've seen other CGC 7.0s that I would have no problem calling an 8.0.

All I can say it that Harry (Burntboy) puts a lot of effort into his grading decisions. He usually PM me with the list of defects, examines the grading guide for additional research and examines other sources (cough, cough) for clues to the final grade. thumbsup2.gif

He is 1/4 the reason we are tied for FIRST PLACE. 893applaud-thumb.gif

All I can say it that Harry (Burntboy) puts a lot of effort into his grading decisions. He usually PM me with the list of defects, examines the grading guide for additional research and examines other sources (cough, cough) for clues to the final grade. thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Give credit where it's due.. he's 5/16th, no?

I originally called this book a 7.0 until I was intimidated by A so I bumped my grade to 7.5. poke2.gif Besides the 893censored-thumb.gif crease, I didn't see much else wrong with this book. At first, I thought the crease went corner to corner, but I don't think it does. Lastly, remember this is a "bigger" book, too.

I originally called this book a 7.0 until I was intimidated by A so I bumped my grade to 7.5. poke2.gif Besides the 893censored-thumb.gif crease, I didn't see much else wrong with this book. At first, I thought the crease went corner to corner, but I don't think it does. Lastly, remember this is a "bigger" book, too.

That's exactly my feeling. I didn't think this book would be graded above 7.0 because of the crease. I also felt that the book overall looked so good for a square bound issue that it couldn't fall below 7.0. So that was the final grade I assigned to this book.