• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can anyone post a picture of Wolverine from Hulk #180

111 posts in this topic

Senormac-Oakman-Norm-Cliff.jpg

Cliff: Hey Norm... I heard that Dice X guy bought 10,000 copies of Hulk #181

Norm: No wonder he can't spring for a round of hops n grains

Ironically I've only ever bought one copy of Hulk 181 in my life, and I paid 20 cents for it.

lol me too..... and I cut the Marvel Value Stamp out of it and tossed the rest (shrug)

Senormac-Oakman-Norm-Cliff.jpg

Cliff: Hey Norm... I heard that Dice X guy bought 10,000 copies of Hulk #181

Norm: No wonder he can't spring for a round of hops n grains

Ironically I've only ever bought one copy of Hulk 181 in my life, and I paid 20 cents for it.

lol me too..... and I cut the Marvel Value Stamp out of it and tossed the rest (shrug)

I read the cover completely off of mine. :facepalm:

stop guys your gonna make people with #181's start to pee

There should be some sort of Offical Comic Guide we could go off of that is put out my industry leaders and have like a tribunal about camel toes and 1st app.

why cant we change the industry for the better !

New 1st darkseid = Forever people 1

New 1st Wolverine = Hulk #180

etc. it seems we all know this but CGC doesn't .... huh go figure

If by make them pee you mean that Hulk 180 will some day be more valuable than Hulk 181, you're obviously smoking crack.

No matter what anyone calls either book, first appearance, cameo, whatever.

The gap may close or widen, but Hulk 180 will never, ever be more valuable than 181.

That's just a fact, jack.

I wouldn't say NEVER People Could Smart up and say hey why am I paying more money for His Second appearance ??? I really don't think his 2nd should sell for more than his 1st

Fact is Jack , 181 is his second and priced higher plain silly when you think about it

There should be some sort of Offical Comic Guide we could go off of that is put out my industry leaders and have like a tribunal about camel toes and 1st app.

If by make them pee you mean that Hulk 180 will some day be more valuable than Hulk 181, you're obviously smoking crack.

The gap may close or widen, but Hulk 180 will never, ever be more valuable than 181.

I wouldn't say NEVER People Could Smart up and say hey why am I paying more money for His Second appearance ??? I really don't think his 2nd should sell for more than his 1st

Fact is Jack , 181 is his second and priced higher plain silly when you think about it

Fact is, Jack, this same argument has been kicked around since Hulk 182 was on the newsstand, and it's produced the same amount of results as a fist full of doodly squat.

Fact is, Jack, this same argument has been kicked around since Hulk 182 was on the newsstand, and it's produced the same amount of results as a fist full of doodly squat.

Fact is Jack you don't need to tell me that I never asked for a debate , I just don't understand some of the choices people make...

Fact is Jack you don't need to tell me that I never asked for a debate , I just don't understand some of the choices people make...

There's definitely no rhyme or reason to the choices. That's a fact.

Jack.

This topic has been discussed on the boards before (imagine that).

My theory is that, when Wolverine started to take off in popularity, fans wanted to READ about the Wolverine in his first appearance, so naturally the demand for 181 was greater than 180.

For some of you youngsters out there: There was a time when you couldn't just walk into a comic book store or get on the internet and find any comic or tpb featuring a comic you wanted.

Until 1986, the first time Hulk 181 was reprinted, the ONLY way you could read that story was by finding a copy of the original comic.

There's definitely no rhyme or reason to the choices. That's a fact.

Jack.

Can you two stop jacking each other? You're giving me a case of the vapors!

CGC knows it just fine..... it's right there on the label. (shrug)

Hulk180label_zpsb0a63242.jpg

This is interesting - I know there are other label notations of cameo appearances, but are there any other examples of "First appearance of [x] in cameo"?

I wonder whether this notation was created after the #181 notation started causing controversy, or whether they were both noted as such from the beginning. Anyone know?

I don't like the whole "in cameo" or "full appearance" thing. I understand that they are established descriptions by now and they're not going away. I just don't like them. But ultimately this is going to be an argument in semantics, anyway.

180 is Wolverine's first appearance. No other qualifier needed. First appearance.

181 is Wolverine's first story line and first appearance on the cover of a comic (a great cover). It is his second appearance, no other qualifier needed.

I think 181 will always sell for more, even if what I've written above were to become universally accepted, because I think that first cover appearance is that powerful. But I can see the gap in sales prices between the two, grades held equal, closing. Own both, that's the ticket.

I don't like the whole "in cameo" or "full appearance" thing. I understand that they are established descriptions by now and they're not going away. I just don't like them. But ultimately this is going to be an argument in semantics, anyway.

180 is Wolverine's first appearance. No other qualifier needed. First appearance.

181 is Wolverine's first story line and first appearance on the cover of a comic (a great cover). It is his second appearance, no other qualifier needed.

I think 181 will always sell for more, even if what I've written above were to become universally accepted, because I think that first cover appearance is that powerful. But I can see the gap in sales prices between the two, grades held equal, closing. Own both, that's the ticket.

There was a discussion a while back on when Jim Rhodes first appears. It led to the typical topic of what criteria leads to a 1st appearance.

the first appearance of cable is actually in NM 86 not NM 87. :baiting:

And Sabertooth is actually Iron Fist 13. :gossip:

So if we take the approach any appearance is a 1st appearance, then some books considered minor in the past just jumped ahead. And now X-Force #1 does have some relevance, as the one-page bio on Deadpool now becomes his official 2nd appearance.

Commonly, they are considered 1st cameos or advertisements or minor mentions.

Same thing with Venom. Doesn't he appear in ASM 299 in the last panel? But ASM 300 is the first full appearance.

Wasn't there one in a Web of Spider-Man issue as well?

Just an arm.

1st full appearance of Venom's arm.

Actually, I think it's a partial arm appearance

Same thing with Venom. Doesn't he appear in ASM 299 in the last panel? But ASM 300 is the first full appearance.

Wasn't there one in a Web of Spider-Man issue as well?

Just an arm.

1st full appearance of Venom's arm.

Actually, I think it's a partial arm appearance

An arm cameo. :gossip: