• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC Private SIgning with Jonathan Hickman

10 posts in this topic

Hello boardies,

I'm excited to announce that I've set up a private signing with Jonathan Hickman at NYCC. As some of you know, Jonathan is kind of a big deal right now and writes a couple of moderately successful books. Jonathan has agreed to set aside some time at NYCC to sign some books for me and I'd like to open up the opportunity to the boards.

Details:

1) Quantity: send them. Send as many as you like

2) Price: I posted a Matt Kindt signature opportunity earlier and noted that I will be a witness at NYCC. As such, I cannot take/make money to get your book signed. However, I can ask you to make a donation to charity for my services. Jonathan is charging $5 per sig in this opportunity. I will be asking for an additional $5 donation per book to the HERO initiative for each book you get signed, although I will consider a quantity discount on the donation front. You will need to paypal me with the funds for the signing fee

3) Grading Costs: Again, I will be a CGC authorized witness at the show, so your books will be eligible for SS. However, I cannot submit anything under my own account. As such, I would LOVE to sub these books under your account. You will need to provide payment information and will pay exact grading costs.

4) Prep your book. A great example of how to do this is here: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5482767#Post5482767

5) Fill out CGC paperwork for your books. I am making no money off of this opp and will be witnessing the books. I cannot witness books that go under my account. Also, all money goes to charity (I'm making no money off of this). As such, you will need to sub all of the books under your account (or a friend's account). If you don't have an account or access to an account, one of CGC's internet partners should be able to help you:

http://www.cgccomics.com/services/Submitting.aspx

6) Mail your books to me and I will take them to NYCC to get them signed. I need all books by October 4, 2013.

Other things to note:

* I am going to talk with Nick Dragotta about joining the party. If he does, this will be a great opportunity to get books double signed. I'll keep you posted.

* If you're a dealer or boardie and will be in NY, I'm happy to take any books that you have, as long as you let me know in advance or at the show and prep your books. I will not require a donation to charity if you are simply dropping off books with me to get signed. Nick and Jonathan will be signing books at the Image booth, but the signings will be ticketed and Image has had a 5 book limit at their last few shows. If you're busy during the signing times, don't want to stand in line, or want to get a lot of books done, this may be a great opportunity to get your books signed with minimum trouble.

Update:

From Nick Dragotta:

"I'll sign whatever at my table provided that there's time. I won't charge either. We can do a little each day in the morning and before close."

Here's how I interpret this:

1) While Jonathan's good to sign everything, Nick might be a little trickier, but I'll work to get it done and we should be able to do it.

2) You won't have to pay for it

3) I won't be able to get sketches or remarks for you from Nick

So, send your books. I will try super hard to get Nick for you (i.e. I will be at his table 8 times over the weekend, at least), but there are no promises. And if you don't get Nick, then you won't have to pay for it.

Hey everyone,

I talked with Jim Cheung and he would also be happy to sign your books for $5 a book. He is generally free at the show, but if you mail me books, I'd like for him to be compensated (since I'm not charging any fees for taking your books). Great chance for some double signed Infinity books.

Ryan

Hey beerthirty, I'd love to send you a bunch of my east of west books to get signed by johnothan and Nick and slabbed at NYCC. I'll get the books together and figure out how much it will all be and PM you in a day or two with the details. Thank for doing this for us boardies, I'm really exited!

Hey beerthirty, I'd love to send you a bunch of my east of west books to get signed by johnothan and Nick and slabbed at NYCC. I'll get the books together and figure out how much it will all be and PM you in a day or two with the details. Thank for doing this for us boardies, I'm really exited!

Awesome!! Happy to help.

Hey everyone. I am trying to get a final signing date and time set with Jonathan. I will also be setting up times where you can meet me at the CGC table to drop off your books :-) I hope that this is helpful.

Ryan