• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The new Riddler?

46 posts in this topic

I heard on the Radio that Eminem was going to be Riddler

lol

And here Marvel can get A list talent begging to do the voices of a tree and a raccoon, for characters in a comic book that most people never heard of.

While DC can't get Wonder Woman off the ground, or do better than Ben Affleck to play their most popular character.

:roflmao:

Make Mine Marvel, True Believer.

Nuff' said.

:grin:

Marvel has lost $ on every movie they've made using HulkHeadHurtTooMuchToCountRight math, so what's the difference?

Why the secrecy of the name in this thread??

I think JT would do a great job as The Riddler.

:shrug:

-slym

+1 he's a fine actor, and quite goofy of a dude.

^^

He can act. I'd give him a chance.

After one actor really delivered on the role, it is tough to move passed his successful performance.

It seemed like even Jim Carrey tried to repeat the role following some of the same characteristics.

lol

And here Marvel can get A list talent begging to do the voices of a tree and a raccoon, for characters in a comic book that most people never heard of.

While DC can't get Wonder Woman off the ground, or do better than Ben Affleck to play their most popular character.

Nuff' said.

How do you put your face in your palm?

lol

Nuff' said.

O yeah ... :facepalm:

Gorshin was dope! I bet JT would do a good job.

I like Justin Timberlake. I think he did a great job in Trouble with the Curve and The Social Network. But there are some roles where it just feels like Timberlake is playing Timberlake, and not really extending himself beyond this.

Maybe he will go all-out crazy for this role. That is what he is pitching right now.

I wanna play "proper crazy"

lol

Nuff' said.

2379724-batman-facepalm1.jpg

lol

Nuff' said.

2379724-batman-facepalm1.jpg

:) Thank you. :foryou:

Man, Chappelle did "(expletive) up."

I read that side article. Very sad. :(

Having been to 3 shows, the most recent one last year. I can sympathize a bit with Dave. His set was constantly interrupted by folks yelling "I'm Rick James, !" or similar stuff etc

I don't know if any other comedian gets interrupted to the same degree. That being said, there is always better way to deal with it, sadly his way backfired.

I'd say that he's probably going to have to limit comedy shows to small clubs etc, this stadium tour is going to have the same type of audience. He should probably make a movie, or a tv show again cause I can't see folks not continuing to stop with the "heckling" especially even more now.

Having been to 3 shows, the most recent one last year. I can sympathize a bit with Dave. His set was constantly interrupted by folks yelling "I'm Rick James, !" or similar stuff etc

I don't know if any other comedian gets interrupted to the same degree. That being said, there is always better way to deal with it, sadly his way backfired.

I'd say that he's probably going to have to limit comedy shows to small clubs etc, this stadium tour is going to have the same type of audience. He should probably make a movie, or a tv show again cause I can't see folks not continuing to stop with the "heckling"especially even more now.

Whoa, I need Robert Langdon's help to decode that.

I'd say that he's probably going to have to limit comedy shows to small clubs etc, this stadium tour is going to have the same type of audience. He should probably make a movie, or a tv show again cause I can't see folks not continuing to stop with the "heckling"especially even more now.

Dave Chappelle lost it at a standup show (side article to the Riddler news), and instead of just finishing his set he cursed about giving up his $50 MM show job and sat down to wait out the set time he had agreed to instead of continuing his comedy routine and then walked off.

So I guess jsilverjanet is thinking others may try to get a rise out of him now to see if he goes off again.

Chappelle blows up

Dave Chappelle, who performs Sunday night at the Oddball Comedy Fest at DTE Energy Music Theatre, went ballistic at a Connecticut concert Thursday night, according to TMZ.com. The comic reportedly told the heckling audience to boo themselves before adding, “I (expletive) up when I left my show, you know why? ’Cause my show only has to be 22 minutes of television,’ ” Chappelle allegedly said. “... I could’ve read the phone book for 22 minutes and I would’ve got $50 million dollars.” He added, “I shoulda done that (expletive), but my ego wouldn’t let me. ... Tonight my contract says 25 minutes and I have 3 minutes left and when my 3 minutes is up, my (expletive) is gone.” Then he sat silently until he met the terms, TMZ added.

Dave Chappelle lost it at a standup show (side article to the Riddler news), and instead of just finishing his set he cursed about giving up his $50 MM show job and sat down to wait out the set time he had agreed to instead of continuing his comedy routine and then walked off.

So I guess jsilverjanet is thinking others may try to get a rise out of him now to see if he goes off again.

no doubt about it - Folks love to kick a man when he's down as much as they like to see a comeback

Chappelle blows up

Dave Chappelle, who performs Sunday night at the Oddball Comedy Fest at DTE Energy Music Theatre, went ballistic at a Connecticut concert Thursday night, according to TMZ.com. The comic reportedly told the heckling audience to boo themselves before adding, “I (expletive) up when I left my show, you know why? ’Cause my show only has to be 22 minutes of television,’ ” Chappelle allegedly said. “... I could’ve read the phone book for 22 minutes and I would’ve got $50 million dollars.” He added, “I shoulda done that (expletive), but my ego wouldn’t let me. ... Tonight my contract says 25 minutes and I have 3 minutes left and when my 3 minutes is up, my (expletive) is gone.” Then he sat silently until he met the terms, TMZ added.

For 50-million a year I would stand on my head. Didn't he go on some safari and poof off the face of the earth during a meltdown? For anything near that kind of cash, these primadonnas need to put everything into perspective and realize they were just handed the world on a platter and not screw it up. Take your meds Dave!

On topic: The Green Lantern had me lose all respect for DC. How can you have that much money invested in a movie and no one at the helm realized it was a bomb. Have they every asked true fans their input on "what should we do for a movie"?

Wonder Woman would be a great movie. Then again, the Peter Principal kicks in where the execs know what the public wants. I expect to see something as silly as Rosie O'donnell cast as WW with a storyline written by someone that is speed reading the comics to throw together a storyline.