• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foreign Adams, Wrightson House of Secrets run completed!

13 posts in this topic

Hi again everyone, :hi:

I just wanted to share another big (to me at least) accomplishment with everyone on the boards. As many of you know I've been collecting foreign editions, specifically Adams & Wrightson work. I had posted my Strange Adventures run when I completed it but now, now... it's time to unveil the complete Neal Adams & Bernie Wrightson run of covers from Editorial Novaro in Mexico.

Disclaimer: Before anyone points out that #93 is missing I would like to inform you that for some unknown reason they skipped it. It just doesn't exist.

Now... on with the show (so to speak).

th_HouseofSecrets81Mexico.jpgth_HouseofSecrets82Mexico_zps3b5f85fb.jpgth_HouseofSecrets84Mexico_zps88742c9c.jpgth_HouseofSecrets85Mexico.jpgth_HouseofSecrets86Mexico_zpsb02f25cb.jpg

th_HouseofSecrets87Mexico_zpsa384cacf.jpgth_HouseofSecrets88Mexico_zps693b7a85.jpgth_HouseofSecrets90Mexico.jpgth_HouseofSecrets91Mexico_zps06c004dc.jpgth_HouseofSecrets92Mexico.jpg

th_HouseofSecrets94bMexico_zpsbde95d65.jpgth_HouseofSecrets96bMexico_zpsbf058691.jpgth_HouseofSecrets100bMexico_zps1bc5ba61.jpgth_HouseofSecrets103bMexico_zpsd979061d.jpgth_HouseofSecrets106Mexico_zps4b8db874.jpgth_HouseofSecrets107Mexico.jpg

:acclaim:

Thanks! I really appreciate everyone's input. I've still got some work ahead of me but I'm very close completing a few more runs. I'll be sure to post them when I do.

I think it's safe to say I probably have the largest collection of foreign published Adams & Wrightson material that exists. A good percentage of it is from Mexico but overall it spans something like 20-25 countries. The scary part is there's still places I haven't been able to track down a single book from... yet. lol I will though. Digging for these foreign gems has opened up a whole new aspect of collecting for me that makes comics fun again. It can be frustrating sometimes but it's absolutely reinvigorated the collector in me.

For anyone who might be interested in learning more about foreign books here something you should definitely check out. It's sort of a Fanzine put together by Define999 with some very interesting content and information provided by those of us on the boards who are into foreign stuff. (thumbs u

Link

Crazy Tim! :o(worship) (worship) :applause: I know how long this goal has taken you! Congrats friend..... you deserve all the props on this one.

This focused run is not only a standalone feat but also a symbol of the importance of contacts in the foreign variant game. Much can be found on worldwide auction sites, but many times a solid contact is the only way forward. (thumbs u Amazing! :headbang: