• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rawhide Kid #17 Club
2 2

145 posts in this topic

A little tip for you fearless gunslingers............. Steve at www.wwcomics.com just listed a CGC 8.0 copy on his site.... they just DON'T exist in this grade. It's not cheap (6K) ..... but it's not an opportunity that presents itself often. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

A little tip for you fearless gunslingers............. Steve at www.wwcomics.com just listed a CGC 8.0 copy on his site.... they just DON'T exist in this grade. It's not cheap (6K) ..... but it's not an opportunity that presents itself often. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

You mean this one?

RK18.jpg

Edited by gunsmokin

I have to ask, out of all the Marvel Western books out there, why have this issue and Two-Gun Kid 60 become so sought after over the past couple years? I'm not knocking those that have them ( I have a TGK 60 myself) but I don't understand why these two issues? TGK and RK #1 don't seem to be hot, crossover issues with Kid Colt aren't hot. There are plenty of Kirby and Ayers Westerns out there, why not those. Even Kid Colt 107 doesn't get the love these do.

I'm not knocking those who have or want them. I have several Westerns in my collection. I just don't quite get the origin issues being desired much more than their first appearances.

For me, it has to do with the historic collaboration of Kirby and Lee. I once put all the Kirby art Marvel westerns together, but have since sold all but Rawhide 17-19. Those issues represent the first time the greatest creative team in comics history worked together on an ongoing continuity. (There’s a great post about this earlier in the thread.)

I don’t know if anyone else looks at this the same way. For other collectors, the attraction may be that Rawhide 17 and Two-Gun 60 are Marvel keys as opposed to Atlas keys. Who doesn’t love an early, somewhat under-the-radar Marvel key?

On 12/30/2017 at 4:54 PM, *Bronze age fan* said:

My old pictures disappeared cause I never paid for my photobucket account. What a scam that is!!!

New photo. I have another #17 somewhere in a box. Can't find it right now. 

IMG_0029.JPG

Whoa cowboy those are might fine‼️

50 minutes ago, Dave2739 said:

Happy to bump this thread with my own copy. Low grade, but it's mine. Thank you, Dale Roberts.

Mighty fine pardner, mighty fine  :headbang: