• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead #1 vs. New Mutants 98

222 posts in this topic

So after reading yet another thread on the walking dead, I see the comment that it is THE modern comic. And immediately I think of New Mutants 98.. Now I understand many members do not still read books, definitely have never read a Deadpool comic, and would be lost as to what was happening in the book. But it has me thinking.... Could you REALLY compare TWD to NM98? I mean seriously? This is totally up for debate, but to pitt a zombie book that should end eventually vs. the most popular Marvel character since Wolverine? I don't see it myself.

This is another speculative bubble based on the current popularity based on the popularity of Deadpool within the Marvel universe. It will not last. There are a lot of these books out there sitting ungraded.

Doesn't matter how many unopened cases there are....

Doesn't matter that pressing greatly increases ones chance at perfection...

It's at CGC's discretion that another 10.0 NM 98 ever materialises.

It's not magic....but it's tricky

This is another speculative bubble based on the current popularity based on the popularity of Deadpool within the Marvel universe. It will not last. There are a lot of these books out there sitting ungraded.

Less then a year another will turn up too many produced not too.

Less then a year another will turn up too many produced not too.

Of course. But not because a CGC 10.0 is quantifiable .

So after reading yet another thread on the walking dead, I see the comment that it is THE modern comic. And immediately I think of New Mutants 98.. Now I understand many members do not still read books, definitely have never read a Deadpool comic, and would be lost as to what was happening in the book. But it has me thinking.... Could you REALLY compare TWD to NM98? I mean seriously? This is totally up for debate, but to pitt a zombie book that should end eventually vs. the most popular Marvel character since Wolverine? I don't see it myself.
They're certainly not comparing the entertainment value or quality of contents, that's for sure.

Nobody has mentioned the print run yet.

7Kish vs what 500k?

Exactly...WD was a total sleeper from Image with a 7k+ versus The Marvel printing machine pumping out hundreds of thousands of issues.

The fact a NM98 10.0 went that high is it is the lone book at the top of the hill.

A single WD 1 10.0 would go for double or more than what the NM 98 sold for (15k?)

Just my speculation

Nobody has mentioned the print run yet.

7Kish vs what 500k?

Exactly...WD was a total sleeper from Image with a 7k+ versus The Marvel printing machine pumping out hundreds of thousands of issues.

The fact a NM98 10.0 went that high is it is the lone book at the top of the hill.

A single WD 1 10.0 would go for double or more than what the NM 98 sold for (15k?)

Just my speculation

Whoa!

Can you imagine the market reaction if a Walking Dead 1 CGC 10.0 showed up? That bidding would be nuts to watch. But so far, only a few have come close.

140908.jpg.ff8a499b53db5bf614741c6a9f70e194.jpg