• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

Someone showed me a PGX 9.9 slab at Wizard World Chicago, asked me if he should crack and re-sub for CGC. I looked it over... inch long crease from the spine outward. I told him it would be lucky to get a 9.2

What a joke PGX is.

True story Bro.

e5368028607db682d8cd8f1e6e259ef8_zps85d1ddd9.jpg

Dre, missed you in San Diego :hi:

Just did a quick ebay search for Forever Evil 3D and it seems prices has settled on between $150-$200. There's an odd one or two selling it for $250-$300. It seems there's fewer of these on the market..... Figured most of them are in collectors hands now and nobody's selling anymore.... Well until the graded ones comes in...

Just did a quick ebay search for Forever Evil 3D and it seems prices has settled on between $150-$200. There's an odd one or two selling it for $250-$300. It seems there's fewer of these on the market..... Figured most of them are in collectors hands now and nobody's selling anymore.... Well until the graded ones comes in...

You are right. The collectors probably have their for the first wave. The tire kickers are hoping for a drop. The third wave is when the 9.8+hit the market.

I have over 40 copies, only 1 has scratches and I knew that when I bought it. It was a Harley cover and the last one the store had.
try this, take an led flashlight and shine it on the book at about a 45 degree angle. The ones I have looked at all have small hairline scratches. Some are perfectly straight which would suggest production and some are haphazard which would suggest shipping rub. This reminds of of the chromium covers, structurally perfect but very susceptible to scratching. I think these could grade 9.8 with the light scratches but I would imagine no higher. I've looked over about 100 or so from several different sources, and I only found one scratch free.

No the Forever Evil had a few different covers but I believe only one 3d and that one is the one going for 150-250 right now. It was one per store. The other 3d covers are from different main titles that are crossed out and the villain is shown and written over the title. Joker, Harley Quinn, etc for 4 weeks and 52 different covers to go along with the new 52 theme.

We had a one day show in Calgary (Alberta, Canada) today and here are some 3D cover sales from our tables:

Harley Quinn - first copy $25 then rest $30 apiece

Killer Frost - $20

Mr. Freeze - first copy $20 then rest $25

Lobo - $25

Riddler - $10

Darkseid - $10

Reverse Flash - $20

Joker - $20

And a handful of others that I will have to dig through the box to verify what sold. There was high demand for them, especially the Harley Quinn issue. Another Dimension in Calgary had a bunch of variants still available, some still at cover (including the Joker issue). If you are a boardie from Calgary you should head there before they are gone..... :baiting: