• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

I realize this is becoming a headache for retailers and a boon for speculators, but I gotta give DC credit. These covers are absolutely gorgeous. I had plan to stay away from them, but even the ones I don't like are impressive.

Whens the last time a company wide event gimmick or not gimmick made this type of wave in the market. If DC is smart they will let this ride for awhile, but since they don't care of the back issue market I am quite sure they are in the plans for other events after the 2nd prints.

They already have a plan for an Omnibus edition collecting all of the stories to be released in December with its own special 3D cover. Luckily most of the stories suck...lol. I would rather have the individual covers.

I realize this is becoming a headache for retailers and a boon for speculators, but I gotta give DC credit. These covers are absolutely gorgeous. I had plan to stay away from them, but even the ones I don't like are impressive.

Whens the last time a company wide event gimmick or not gimmick made this type of wave in the market. If DC is smart they will let this ride for awhile, but since they don't care of the back issue market I am quite sure they are in the plans for other events after the 2nd prints.

They already have a plan for an Omnibus edition collecting all of the stories to be released in December with its own special 3D cover. Luckily most of the stories suck...lol. I would rather have the individual covers.

Yes I would agree its one of the few times in my collecting career I am chasing books for the cover. I try to put a positive spin on it or it depresses me. :insane:

I can't see buying a book of 3D covers.I like having the individual issues.

One local shop owner said some of his subscribers who were getting the 3D covers in their pull boxes asked to switch them out for the standard covers because they were $2.99 instead of $3.99. I'm hoping this trend continues into the last week of Villain month.

fun chasing, but at $50+ per week just for these, getting expensive...glad it's limited and they don't do it every week

I had totally planned on avoiding this "event". I felt this was too gimmicky and with the titles involved, it seemed like overkill.

I have done a 180 degree turn :ohnoez: - I love :luhv: these books !!!...The first weeks releases were obtained by my mother in law standing in line for 50 minutes when the store opened and she got four books. I've been able to score the others and I MUST have them all :whee:

That being said, I agree with krighton. So glad this is a brief run.

My other comic purchases have been drastically scaled back.....I hadn't given the 3d covers a second thought until I stopped into the store in week 1...then I had to have them all.

I honestly didn't care who was on the cover, I wanted 1 of each.

fun chasing, but at $50+ per week just for these, getting expensive...glad it's limited and they don't do it every week

I hear you. It cuts down on the other purchases. I sure would not want to be selling moderns on Ebay from 2012.

Garf predicted that it would be tough on other sales before the covers hit the shelf. I'm glad I held off. I was going to start my listings this month. No way I'm doing anything until this stuff settles if it settles lol

I doubt anyone wants to keep these a year but IMO if you sell now you'll be kicking yourself later on certain hot 3d's like Harley and soon the Joker's Daughter. I've seen posts where people sold the ventriloquist right away for 10 bucks to saying darn with it getting between 25-30 a few days later. 2c

I wasn't meaning the 3d covers. I meant selling anything else would be difficult with the 3d covers being so hot. I doubt I will sell mine at all. I still buy a lot of stuff just to have in the old collection. Now if they start getting really stupid, I will sell lol

okay I know about that article, but since I have had mine up consistently and my prices have never reached that high...I have to think that those prices are reflective of the one guy who didn't check the other prices and bought the most expensive ones...If those prices where consistent, then someone would have bought me out already...