• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

The shop owner told me that people were lined up outside his store before he even opened up and did the store's pull list. Another store owner sent all of his customers to this guy's shop because he didn't order enough 3D covers for his subscribers. So next week I am going to have to leave work early in order to get in line for the last shipment of 3D covers. It's going to be chaos.

This has been a blast. I know the shops are loving it as they have had the busiest Wed in YEARS!
agreed... the first week Wed was my best comic sales wednesday in 2 years....

The shop owner told me that people were lined up outside his store before he even opened up and did the store's pull list. Another store owner sent all of his customers to this guy's shop because he didn't order enough 3D covers for his subscribers. So next week I am going to have to leave work early in order to get in line for the last shipment of 3D covers. It's going to be chaos.

I had a dozen folks lined up 30 minutes before we opened too...first time that has happened in a while.......

Even stranger when are people going to snag bins that are cheaper than bid auctions. hm

This has happened for a long time. The only reasons I can imagine this happens is that a person is buying a ton of stuff from the same seller and just get caught up thinking they are stealing something and the table turns or they have purchased from a seller and received a condition better than advertised more than once. If thats not the case, they are just good old dummies lol

Based on the past weeks high sales of The Ventriloquist and Mr. Freeze I was told that people were going for the Batman books. Plenty of Penguin covers but Clayface was the first to sell out at the three stores I went to. Followed by Arcane/Swamp Thing and Dial E. I thought Wonder Woman would be a low volume copy but there were plenty of Cheetah covers available.

yes extrapolate....

most comic store owners ordered according to their sales on the issues...so whatever batman was before...they might have upped their orders a little but remember this was months ago, and comic shops hate being left with a ton of back issues...

but allocations happened cause they ran out of the cover material...so my guess is that whatever the print run prior, it will be even less now...

If this gets press at any point, I mean national press...that will be the ballgame...

I have to say, as exciting and as fun as the chase has been, DC could have spent more effort on the actual books themselves. From what I gather, most of these books do not have the actual regular creative teams working on them, correct? Just very lackluster to me. Not much in here to make me come back after the event to buy a new DC book.... (shrug)