• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

Read backwards here.

There's many answers and opinions to your question.

I think the will be no more than $10 books in the future with the exception of maybe Harley, Lobo and Jokers Daughter.

I think JD and Harley will always go for a nice premium.

Others over time will seperate pricing wise based on demand (Bat Villains) scarcity of print run (WW,Aquaman,Flash,Dial H), and just plain cool covers like Reverse Flash, Clayface, The Owls and such.

Id be more then happy for $10 each especially if you pay cover or less for them.

Thanks for the reply,

I've been reading through the thread, but there doesn't seem to be a general consensus on which books will be worth anything.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)

you know I recently got a 1:100 justice league 23 I was going to sell, and then I realized...isn't that the 1st appearance of ultra man and all those forever evil characters?....seems like the going price right now is only 30 bucks...

It wont be consider their 1st appearance except in DC new 52. They are old characters called the Crime Syndicate they been here for years. JLA 29 I think from memory. Loved the old JSA/JLA crossover featuring them.

+1

I also loved when the JLA and JSA teamed up for anything. These were some of my prized books as a kid. They also gave an idea on the cover or 1st interior page who was going to be on on each team.

Spent the day hanging out with my best friend and her boyfriend who worked with the company that handles paper for DC, and found out some info. The 3-D covers were made in China, which may have something to do with the low distribution. DC is also pushing to get the Omnibus out for Christmas, instead of February.

The 3D covers were moving fast at the Edmonton Expo today. Everything was in demand. It got to the point where even other dealers were buying from us as the three of us (500club, Artboy99 and I) were loaded up on them. Here are the prices that were quick sales:

$10 apiece - Joker, Riddler, Penguin, Man-Bat, Braniac, Zod, Darkseid, Creeper, Owls, Mongul + most others

$15 - First Born, Poison Ivy, Black Adam

$20 - Mr. Freeze, Lobo

$30 - Harley Quinn (sold two at that price)

$50 - Joker's Daughter (only copy I had)

Looking at the day, I sold $400+ worth of 3D covers in total. Too bad I was out of town and did not have a chance to grab my two files full of 3D covers at the two LCSs I have them at. :cry:

So they were buying these for these prices what were they reselling them at is the real question.

The 3D covers were moving fast at the Edmonton Expo today. Everything was in demand. It got to the point where even other dealers were buying from us as the three of us (500club, Artboy99 and I) were loaded up on them. Here are the prices that were quick sales:

$10 apiece - Joker, Riddler, Penguin, Man-Bat, Braniac, Zod, Darkseid, Creeper, Owls, Mongul + most others

$15 - First Born, Poison Ivy, Black Adam

$20 - Mr. Freeze, Lobo

$30 - Harley Quinn (sold two at that price)

$50 - Joker's Daughter (only copy I had)

Looking at the day, I sold $400+ worth of 3D covers in total. Too bad I was out of town and did not have a chance to grab my two files full of 3D covers at the two LCSs I have them at. :cry:

So they were buying these for these prices what were they reselling them at is the real question.

The dealers that bought from us marked them up and they were still sitting at their tables end of show today. Since everyone had them people were shopping around, and I guess at our regular prices we were undercutting the market. lol

I was at the Las Vegas Expo and the prices for the 3D covers vary slightly. Alternate Reality comics were selling most of them for $5.00. Lobo was $10. Others sold Dial E for $25 and Joker's daughter was going for $60. The 3D covers were hot for the first couple of hours and there were tables full left at the end of the day.

That was the similar trend with the Edmonton show. Sales were brisk on day 1, but died off on day 2. I sold through almost everything I had at the show, but made the mistake of also selling some of the copies from my personal runs by not paying more attention to them. :tonofbricks:

That was the similar trend with the Edmonton show. Sales were brisk on day 1, but died off on day 2. I sold through almost everything I had at the show, but made the mistake of also selling some of the copies from my personal runs by not paying more attention to them. :tonofbricks:

Don't worry, you'll be able to buy them back for 20% of what you sold them for in a few weeks. :whistle:

lol

I wouldn't be too surprised. Though, I was fortunate to grab some Dial E for $10 and sell them off quickly for $25. I agree that the prices will probably start heading south as the fascination with the trend wears off. I saw a store that had two long boxes of nothing but 3D comics. I highly doubt that he sold all of them. However, it can be argued that the convention itself is a saturated market place, hence, the little movement in the merchandise. As with any hype, it ebbs and flows.

I wouldn't be too surprised. Though, I was fortunate to grab some Dial E for $10 and sell them off quickly for $25. I agree that the prices will probably start heading south as the fascination with the trend wears off. I saw a store that had two long boxes of nothing but 3D comics. I highly doubt that he sold all of them. However, it can be argued that the convention itself is a saturated market place, hence, the little movement in the merchandise. As with any hype, it ebbs and flows.

Just look at e-bay. Prices of quite a few of the books are already starting their downward spirals.

I think out of all the 3D covers, only Forever Evil will continue to slowly rise...

everything else will plummet abruptly except for the Joker's daughter which will slowly lose its value but settle at about $15-$20

What makes you think Forever Evil will go up? Just the fact that it's more limited?

:gossip: Not being an here, genuinely interested.

Being limited is one thing.

Have you read all the 3D covers? I'll be saying this lightly but they SUCK :)

Out of all of them only Forever Evil has a potential story wise. I got excited about the next issue.

Limited = check

Art = check

Story/plot = definitely has potential.

It all depends on how the story plays out but if its a hit, the 3D variant of this is the one to have

Anyone else hear/have proof that the Second Print 3D covers will have a DIFFERENT cover?

THink how much extra work that would be. They couldn't handle it the first time around. Doing TOTALLY different covers would probably cause their headquarters to just explode for not reason.

So, I was lucky enough to get 6 of the Lenticular covers, (Doomsday, Reverse Flash, Killer Crok, Black Adam, Black Manta, and Black Hand)

I initially got these because I thought they were cool covers and liked the art, but now that I'm reading all the hype about them, I'm wondering if you guys had any thoughts on whether I should have these graded for preservation (and possibly value) sake?

also wondering if the release of the second printings will increase or decrease the future value of these books? They're all over Ebay right now. Everything seems to be about these covers lately.

Either way they're cool covers, just looking for opinions.

I see a theme in the titles you picked up.

I would say the release of the 2nd prints is going to bring down the value, as people who want them for the coolness factor will be able to get them.

BUT,

Hard to say, though, how many people will buy the set and sell them individually, and how many will only sell as a set. That, I think, will be the major factor. People buying them because they're cool covers aren't going to spend $200.