• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

So the forever evil 3-D is $150 now?

For now. People are thinking like a mini that won't go up. They are forgetting that some great villains are being introduced in the Forever Evil Series. Ultraman and Superwoman look really mean.

I figure about ~15,000 comic stores. and high demand. If the series is well written, this should push $250+ within a year.

15,000???? I bet less than 6000 in the world....

I figure about ~15,000 comic stores. and high demand. If the series is well written, this should push $250+ within a year.

I couldn't find a good number for the stores. I figured one store for every 25,000 people.

I couldn't find a good number for the stores. I figured one store for every 25,000 people.

there are several thousand in the US. At one time diamond had about 6000 accounts (not all comic stores mind you ). Today they have less than half that

Didn't read through this thread but where I live (and no one else...save Topnotchman) there were tons of copies on the shelves. No limit (but I limited myself to 1 each) and plenty still to be had.

Went to a shop I rarely go to (mostly gaming) and picked up a set there today...

Locally they all sold out by 5PM on first day. 3 shops and of the 3 only 1 orders a high volume and they sold out. Of the other 2 one got told he was getting nothing and the other store sold out first day as well. Anywhere locally by 5PM on first day had nothing, but 2D covers. I envy people who can go to comic shops on lunch or don't work day shift sometimes.

a couple things I noticed that have not been said yet...

1. the 2D covers are actually the variants this month even though DC list them as "standard" versions on the invoice. check the barcodes. some 2D covers will fetch high prices at the end of this month, 2-3x cover at least.

2. every store had an opportunity to get the forever evil 1 3D cover... stores only had to order 25 or more of #1 regular cover in order to be eligible to get the 3D cover, and then could get 1 villain variant each (A B and C) for every 25 copies, black and whites were 1 in every 100. I ordered 26 copies of the regular and got a full set minus the b&w.

3. anyone thinking the 3D covers are not going to be worth the hype is fooling themselves. it's worth getting at least 1 set, even paying more than cover on certain titles, especially the highest allocated such as joker's daughter, deadshot, creeper, ventriloquist, lobo, and Harley Quinn, among a few others. think 2 years ago when DC launched the New 52 and everyone balked at batman selling for $10 a month after release. "it's not worth it" lots of retailers said. now it commands $60 and SELLS for $60 at conventions on a regular basis, even the 4 - 7 get 4x - 5x cover.. I see joker's daughter SELLING FOR $50 - $75 in 3 months, deadshot will get $20, joker $20, Harley Quinn $30 - $40, and lobo for $30 - $40. just watch....

there are several thousand in the US. At one time diamond had about 6000 accounts (not all comic stores mind you ). Today they have less than half that

Comic stores are awesome. We have 3 in the this city and they each have their own feel. When I lived in Houston 20 plus years ago, same thing. Each one is unique and I've enjoyed them all. You guys rock :applause:

forgot to mention...

4. there will be 2nd prints of the 3D covers for EACH of the 52 books but they are released in the boxed set fashion for $249.99, in FEBRUARY! that means when these 3D covers sell out at the LCS, there will be none available between October to February. secondary market is the only way to fill customer wants.

5. there will be a villains month hardcover released 12/11/13 collecting all 52 one shots. the hardcover will have a special 3D cover as well but only on the first prints and first prints are only being printed based on retailer orders. SRP = $150. expect ebay to explode just in time for Christmas for these hardcovers.

all this is common knowledge to retailers if they read their emails from DC on a weekly basis.

forgot to mention...

4. there will be 2nd prints of the 3D covers for EACH of the 52 books but they are released in the boxed set fashion for $249.99, in FEBRUARY! that means when these 3D covers sell out at the LCS, there will be none available between October to February. secondary market is the only way to fill customer wants.

5. there will be a villains month hardcover released 12/11/13 collecting all 52 one shots. the hardcover will have a special 3D cover as well but only on the first prints and first prints are only being printed based on retailer orders. SRP = $150. expect ebay to explode just in time for Christmas for these hardcovers.

all this is common knowledge to retailers if they read their emails from DC on a weekly basis.

the retail on the 2nd prints has been listed by diamond at 199.99 (not 249.99)...now, that first august code was canceled, but the Oct code has them at that, with standard DC discounts applying ...

For now. People are thinking like a mini that won't go up. They are forgetting that some great villains are being introduced in the Forever Evil Series. Ultraman and Superwoman look really mean.

I didn't see any new character in Forever evil........ CSA (Ultraman, Superwoman, and Owlman) were all introduced in the 80's. They pop up once in while, here and there, but nothing major as FE.........

I didn't see any new character in Forever evil........ CSA (Ultraman, Superwoman, and Owlman) were all introduced in the 80's. They pop up once in while, here and there, but nothing major as FE.........

JLA: Earth 2 was pretty major at the time, no?

Midtown still had a bunch in both stores yesterday afternoon. Looked like they were out of the Poison Ivy, Ventriloquist, maybe a couple others. The Evil 3d was behind the counter with a $500 price tag on it. :o

(both stores being the midtown east and times square locations, not the downtown store)

I can't even afford to pay attention right now so these books are not in my future. I have a pull box at my closest LCS that I haven't been to in at least 3 weeks. Batman is on my pull list so I might have a couple of the 3D covers in there maybe? I pull 2 copies of it every month. I see a phone call in my near future from my LCS telling me to come clear out my box. Of course, I won't be able to, so they'll probably close my sub with them. Ahh, the joys of full-time school being broke all the time. Love it.

The Poison Ivy cover is :cloud9:

That one is going up on the wall along with a couple of the others this month.

I agree.... just can't believe only one cover got the motion part down. The Joker cover with the opening teeth hits the mark.