• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

I'm stupid. I should have gotten to my store earlier.

They open at 9AM (but usually open 5-10 min early. They did today, as well).

Got there about 8:48.

They had six Joker's Daughter on the shelf, but I was like 12th or so in line. Mind you, there's all this light rail construction here which is making traffic ridiculous. Really didn't think there would be much of a line up (there wasn't, I guess, compared to some of the places you guys went).

I did manage to get one of each cover, except for Joker's Daughter, Killer Croc, and Bane.

If story content is any indication of demand ... (pause for laughter) ... the Secret Society #1 that came out today could be something of a sleeper. A full Joker appearance, not a cameo, and at least at a glance the interior art and story looked good. I hadn't intended to but I picked one up to read.

1st in line at a small shop near my work. Opened at 10AM, I was first "in line" at around 9:50. A couple more guys showed up after that.

Walked in, scanning for JD. Saw the 2-D version (about 15) and 0 3-D. Not sure if this meant the store had 0 or had distributed them to subscribers only.

Rest of the 3-D issues were stocked - maybe 8 copies max for a title.

My LCS got all of them in and thankfully pulled the covers for me as a subscriber. All in stock on the shelf except Dark Knight 23.4 and Wonder Woman 23.2 so maybe this week won't be "too" bad for finishing a run.

I'm glad that villain month is over. Hopefully when Marvel does theirs (since you know it's coming) they'll at least get the quantities right.

Now to just find Detective 23.1 (Poison Ivy) and Dark Knight 23.1 (Ventriloquist). Those are all that I'm missing from the titles I collect.