• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

I have so many banes and doomsday and parasites that I lifted the one per limit!

hm

Doomsday is one I am hoping to pick up today.

that is the most heavily produced of them all.

I just don't see any 3D cover should worth anything, looks like the good old days again. DC with restart + gimmick cover. I'm so glad I haven't buy any Marvel DC titles in last 18 years.

During lunch break I went a store, the clerk (they had total 5 copies on the shelve) was telling me two people was fighting for a copy of JD 3D. The female customer punched the guy on the mouth and told him get his hands off her book. that was the highlight of the day. She must be the true fan of the book.

Stopped by my LCS and I was able to snag all of the covers except for Joker's Daughter. They did have some 2D cover's, so I grabbed one of those to read at least. My store only got in a handful of JD 3D covers so even the majority of subscribers had to settle for the 2D cover as well.

I just don't see any 3D cover should worth anything, looks like the good old days again. DC with restart + gimmick cover. I'm so glad I haven't buy any Marvel DC titles in last 18 years.

During lunch break I went a store, the clerk (they had total 5 copies on the shelve) was telling me two people was fighting for a copy of JD 3D. The female customer punched the guy on the mouth and told him get his hands off her book. that was the highlight of the day. She must be the true fan of the book.

I thought the book was okay but certainly not worth boxing over lol

I hate when people liken this to the 90's. Similar concepts, but much much different tactics.

Very cool covers, BUT they're not over printing them (in fact, they're under-printed, ). Much cooler than anything that came out in the 90's.

They're not constantly printing "gimmick" covers, or pumping variants, #1's, etc. in huge amounts like they used to.

Granted, the reboots, and new #1's is annoying, but no where near how the 90's was.

The stories actually have substance this time around. Think of the "gimmick" covers as an added bonus to a bunch of great comic series.

And with regards to the girl slugging the guy, that's ridiculous. I hate how some girls think it's okay to punch a guy, and think they should get away with it just because they are girls, guys aren't going to hit girls, etc. Especially when they give attitude.

I've never hit a girl/woman, and don't plan on doing so, or think anyone should. But man, I think if I were in that situation (and I was in the right to begin with), in the heat of the moment, and she had just up and punched me in the face, I would probably snap, and push her into a wall of toys or something.

Ridiculous.

in retrospect, no comic is worth anything until someone is willing to buy it.

Awesome story about the lady punching a guy in the mouth.

And picked up another Man-Bat, Killer Croc and 1st Blood.....out of 4 stores I've been to, only 1 has had Joker's Daughter (the place I got one I purchased all 12 for 20% off cover), all the rest were either taken home by the owners to be sold online or held for subscribers.

I don't count the guy who had one on his wall with a $49.95 price tag.

So my day started at Midtown comics in Grand central where I was greeted by this sign around 7:30 am

IMG_724s4.jpg

Then I quickly ran to the Times square location where several people already formed a line, although not too long a cue, the tall guy working the door was saying they have JD and they're pulling them from the back, everyone got excited for a few minutes..

But before you knew it the guy said they are gone!

I was chatting with this other dude and said Now what??? Maybe forbidden planet?

The guy said forget about it they never get anything over there..

Oh well I figured Ill try since it was 8:15 and they open at 9.

So I went there and it was just me and this other guy standing in front around 8:30..

The guy at the store who just got there asked us what were there for, we both said JD!!!

He said he only has copies for his pull but he may have some extras..

He came back and told us to get in and that we're lucky cause he only has 2 copies for the whole store...

Thank god for Forbidden Planet!

jd11.JPG

Between two stores, I was able to get all of the covers except JD. Neither store had enough JD to cover subs. I picked up a 2D JD just to see how bad the story is.

Overall, the covers look fantastic. I just wish DC had put more effort into the actual content of the books themselves. Maybe that's too much to ask these days. (shrug)

Between two stores, I was able to get all of the covers except JD. Neither store had enough JD to cover subs. I picked up a 2D JD just to see how bad the story is.

Overall, the covers look fantastic. I just wish DC had put more effort into the actual content of the books themselves. Maybe that's too much to ask these days. (shrug)

(tsk) big mistake....

but they look good. we cant talk about gimmick covers because those grimms fairy tales books are all gimmicks.

No JD 3D covers in my area, either, although I didn't go out to Raleigh. Chapel Hill & Durham were barren. One store had no 3D covers out at all, and they are the "biggest" store in my area. I think they are cutting out the middle man and being the speculator themselves.

:shrug:

-slym

What a day....Went to two stores. NO JD!!!! :pullhair:

Got everything but JD. Then on my way home I went to a shop that I just started a subscription with on Monday. In my box was a complete 3D cover set with JD. All for cover minus my file discount. :whee: