• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Know when to hold em, know when to sold em

67 posts in this topic

I will offer this advice. Buy what you like and you will never be disappointed regardless of what it's value is to others. Never gamble more than your willing to lose.

So true and that is what I am doing now. I will never listen to the hype (3D covers for example) and just buy the comics that I like to collect, AFTER i read them on my app.

That is for moderns of course.

For oldies, I just buying the characters that I grow up with and liked. Carnage for example (thumbs u

I keep hearing about people buying digital and I guess that could be the direction the industry wants to take us in. Are you getting your comics a lot cheaper on the app ?

On the older stuff, I'm doing the same. I keep buying sets of Wolverine 1-4 under $60 which is a lot less than I was getting for them 10 years ago. I'm also buying Wolverine 1-189 for $250 and less on a regular basis in 10% VF+/NM- to NM/NM+. They take up a little space but I can't pass up a deal. This is an example.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WOLVERINE-VOL-1-1-189-ALL-ISSUES-COMPLETE-RUN-/141045108201?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20d6f18de9

You can't buy them this cheap all of the time but when you do.... :grin:

That is a good deal, yet it make me sad, I was about to sell my Wolvie run...might as well keep it now :(

you know you can sell it to The Authority avoiding Ebay fee :devil:

I may be looking for a new agent lol

I keep hearing about people buying digital and I guess that could be the direction the industry wants to take us in. Are you getting your comics a lot cheaper on the app ?

Much much cheaper, especially if you don't buy on the day of release.

A normal physical will cost around 2.99 or 3.99. A few titles here and there every week will cost your around $15-$25 easily. A month will be *4 of that.

On the app, I will pay 1.99. That is the highest I go. I wait for sales to happen and I pay 0.99. This is how I can read the entire series of Fatale, Revival, Ultimate avengers by Hickman for less than $40. That is over 40+ issues worth of reading materials.

The app have sales practically every week so you just need to check it out regularly.

The $$ I saved can go back to buying some oldies that I liked or I think might appreciate.

Much much cheaper, especially if you don't buy on the day of release.

A normal physical will cost around 2.99 or 3.99. A few titles here and there every week will cost your around $15-$25 easily. A month will be *4 of that.

On the app, I will pay 1.99. That is the highest I go. I wait for sales to happen and I pay 0.99. This is how I can read the entire series of Fatale, Revival, Ultimate avengers by Hickman for less than $40. That is over 40+ issues worth of reading materials.

The app have sales practically every week so you just need to check it out regularly.

The $$ I saved can go back to buying some oldies that I liked or I think might appreciate.

Thats great. I didn't realize you could buy them that cheap. I usually buy trades for the same purpose. How did you like the Ultimate Avengers ? I used to read the Ultimates and all pretty much all of the Ultimate stuff and I still buy the Avengers books every month. I have been buying so much stuff I missed out on all the newer Ultimate universe stuff.

I only read it because I liked Hickman. If you liked his work, you will like the ultimate avengers.

In fact, the story has some strong parallels with the current infinity event. If you have read the ultimate avengers, you can see the way he sets up the story is very familiar in Infinity. In fact, he likes to create characters who like to 'build' stuff.

Bookmark this url to see the sales that the app has currently

http://www.comixology.com/comics-sale