• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Identity Crisis #4 WITH Centerfold

34 posts in this topic

It would be impossible to put a master list together. These centerfolds were ripped out by hand (my copy has remnants of the centerfold remaining under the staples). I would assume that out of 150k+ copies, some of the centerfolds must have been missed. To pay stupid money now, is just stupid. At least give it some time to see how many copies surface.

A master list of the creator copies. Those are the authentic insert copies.

It would be impossible to put a master list together. These centerfolds were ripped out by hand (my copy has remnants of the centerfold remaining under the staples). I would assume that out of 150k+ copies, some of the centerfolds must have been missed. To pay stupid money now, is just stupid. At least give it some time to see how many copies surface.

But what Tom's saying makes sense... if posters were ripped out by hand (as opposed to the run being printed without the posters) since it would be very easy 893scratchchin-thumb.gif to miss some during a manual process... confused-smiley-013.gif

How are copies missed by the people ripping these out by hand not "authentic"?

But what Tom's saying makes sense... if posters were ripped out by hand (as opposed to the run being printed without the posters) since it would be very easy 893scratchchin-thumb.gif to miss some during a manual process... confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm sure the guys making $6.00 an hour to rip out 150k inserts were very competent and got every single one. insane.gif

I'm sure the guys making $6.00 an hour to rip out 150k inserts were very competent and got every single one. insane.gif

Well, maybe of the ones they didn't take home with them after the shift was over... devil.gif

Just take a look at the grading date. I think of it like this:

-the first 5 graded are a true insert copy similar to a 30/35 cent variant

-all later issues are not 'authentic' meaning that i would classify these books similarly to those books with distributors ink, etc. and other production defects.

-all later issues are not 'authentic' meaning that i would classify these books similarly to those books with distributors ink, etc. and other production defects.

I certainly would not look at the situation like that. I guess the future will tell all.

I certainly would not look at the situation like that. I guess the future will tell all.

Tom, it's like pedigrees: "They're important because we SAY so." screwy.gif

Here's one of 2 blue label Identity Crisis #4 issues (don't expect to see the 4 sig series anytime soon):

ebay auction

Paul Litch comments on the variant

And it's off to the races!

This exact issue was brought up in a thread I started over production defects on #4.

Bill

foreheadslap.gif sorry I forgot to see the other link ...

My mistake...I'll leave now.... sorry.gif