• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Shops in Spokane Washington

9 posts in this topic

I have to go to Spokane a few times in the next couple of months for work, and I was wondering if there are any comic shops over there selling GA or SA stuff. I have heard that a place called "The Comic Book Shop" is good. Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated.

Used to go to The Comic Book Shop all the time when I lived in Pullman. Oh, the memories, glad to hear it's still in business. It used to be a great shop, so if they still have the same owner, it's probably still great. Don't remember a ton of GA/SA but they always had some.

Used to go to The Comic Book Shop all the time when I lived in Pullman. Oh, the memories, glad to hear it's still in business. It used to be a great shop, so if they still have the same owner, it's probably still great. Don't remember a ton of GA/SA but they always had some.

Thanks for the info. I looked on their website, but the website is confusing as to whether they carry GA and SA.

The Comic Book Shop is great - tons of back issues, and if you're looking for something specific, ask. They have about 20 long boxes in the "back room" where they keep a lot of silver age stuff.

Be sure to go to the one at 3207 Division that is in a little strip mall with a clock tower - not the one in the mall. The one in the mall does not have any back issues worth looking at.

They were just going through some GA Matt Baker romance stuff when I was there a few months ago. They have some GA and lots of SA. Plenty of Bronze in the long boxes.

The Comic Book Shop is great - tons of back issues, and if you're looking for something specific, ask. They have about 20 long boxes in the "back room" where they keep a lot of silver age stuff.

Be sure to go to the one at 3207 Division that is in a little strip mall with a clock tower - not the one in the mall. The one in the mall does not have any back issues worth looking at.

They were just going through some GA Matt Baker romance stuff when I was there a few months ago. They have some GA and lots of SA. Plenty of Bronze in the long boxes.

Thanks. I was wondering if there was a difference between the two locations. Is there any other shops worth checking out in Spokane?

I believe that is it - I was in that area for five days and constantly searched but found no others. Also, Lightening Comics in Cour D'Alene is closed up. :(

There is a book store that advertised comic books in Spirit Lake, Idaho (about an hour's drive) - but they were pretty beat up, second-hand store 90's books.

Thanks. I was wondering if there was a difference between the two locations. Is there any other shops worth checking out in Spokane?

Just Merlyn's, downtown on main. However, they don't bother to bag any back issues, and don't really have much pre-1980 from what I saw. :(

Other than that, Balls pretty much summed it up. The Northtown Mall store has back issues, but 80% are moderns, and the rest is copper/90s.

Just Merlyn's, downtown on main. However, they don't bother to bag any back issues, and don't really have much pre-1980 from what I saw. :(

Other than that, Balls pretty much summed it up. The Northtown Mall store has back issues, but 80% are moderns, and the rest is copper/90s.

I recently visited Spokane and I would agree. Merlyn's was mostly new stuff atd The Comic Shop in the strip mall (not the mall) had back issues. Look for the superman symbol as well as the clock tower and you do have to ask to see their SA books. There are a few out front under the glass including a Superman #8.