• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #55 For Charity - SOLD and CLOSED

7 posts in this topic

So I was posting a few Avengers #55s over in the "Buddy can you spare a grade" forum and just after I posted the scans for the copies I put them back in the bags but caught the back cover of one of them on the 2 mil mylar somehow and ripped it. doh!

You might think I am an insufficiently_thoughtful_person (and you are probably right) but it all happened so quick.

Pictures, including a before and after of the tear, which is pretty epic for this board I think, can be found here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6994044#Post6994044

Because of the nature of the situation, I want to get the stink of failure away from me as quickly as possible. For a donation of $50 to your local animal shelter or humane society you get this book and if sold within 24 hours I will throw in 3 other bronze readers with everything shipped on me.

First :takeit: gets it.

No probies, hosers, or animal haters. Those with allergies who can't pet but still want to help are welcome.

So to recap.... YOU GET:

- An Avengers #55 with a BEAUTIFUL ripped back cover

- 3 bronze readers

- A tax write off??? (Talk to your accountant)

- Free shipping

I GET:

- The stink of failure off me

The animals get:

- Money for their food, medicine, etc.

If you don't have a local animal shelter, you can donate to these guys:

http://www.cahs-lansing.org/

My wife and I adopted our dog from one of their fostering partners. He had a tough life before he came to us, but has turned into a beautiful fun loving boy. Now you have the chance to help out others. We sure like to post and talk about superheroes on here, so why doesn't someone step up and be one for these guys?

100_0515_zps8e5cf5d3.jpg