• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Overstreet Price Guides

28 posts in this topic

Hi -- I have a bunch of old annual Overstreet Price Guides, going all the way back to #2, and virtually all of them since then. I would be intersted in selling this group or trading these for silver age CGC comics. I have not yet sat down to grade the Guides, but all except the first couple are in NM or better condition, and the first couple have some cover wear but that's about it, from what I remember.

Any interest? Thanks!

Jeff

Old OS guides have definite collector's appeal because of the articles, covers, and in some respects, a snapshot of the industry at a period of time. I recently bought myself a #11 because of the LB Cole cover.

The early guides are hard to find.

The first Overstreet edition I ever owned was the EC issue (#8?) in the late 1970s. Excellent article providing an overview of EC horror & SF, Wertham's Seduction of the Innocent, etc. cloud9.gif

Not all the editions have been particularly strong article-wise. The ones I remember most favorably include:

- Jerry Bails' JSA article in one of the earliest editions (#3, I think. I picked this one up sometime in the last 5 years)

- the Timely heroes article (sometime around 1980)

- Gary Carter's Silver DC article and timeline (the black Murphy Anderson cover)

I think there was also a decent X-Men edition sometime in the last decade or so, but others can speak with more authority there.

For some reason I don't think there has ever been a particularly strong overview of Superman, Batman or Spider-Man. confused-smiley-013.gif

Hi -- I have a bunch of old annual Overstreet Price Guides, going all the way back to #2, and virtually all of them since then. I would be intersted in selling this group or trading these for silver age CGC comics. I have not yet sat down to grade the Guides, but all except the first couple are in NM or better condition, and the first couple have some cover wear but that's about it, from what I remember.

Any interest? Thanks!

Jeff

I'm interested in upgrading my #2 and maybe my #4 depending on the condition and pricing. You got any idea what you want and what the grades are for these 2? yay.gif

It seems to be a well-kept secret, but we feature a price guide to the past editions of the Guide in the back of every annual volume. Just check the table of contents.

Arnold

Too bad the prices are way out of whack with reality. insane.gif

It seems to be a well-kept secret, but we feature a price guide to the past editions of the Guide in the back of every annual volume. Just check the table of contents.

Arnold

Except the first couple of issues, the rest are at Mile High prices.

Just MHO. flowerred.gif

Arnold

Except the first couple of issues, the rest are at Mile High prices.

Just MHO. flowerred.gif

The first couple are still overpriced. I got a VF/NM copy of the Blue #1 on eBay years ago for around $300 and the guide says that it's "worth" $1,500. I have never paid anything close to the NM value for these books. foreheadslap.gif