• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Overstreet Price Guides

28 posts in this topic

It seems to be a well-kept secret, but we feature a price guide to the past editions of the Guide in the back of every annual volume. Just check the table of contents.

Arnold

Too bad the prices are way out of whack with reality. insane.gif

Except the first couple of issues, the rest are at Mile High prices.

Just MHO. flowerred.gif

The first couple are still overpriced. I got a VF/NM copy of the Blue #1 on eBay years ago for around $300 and the guide says that it's "worth" $1,500. I have never paid anything close to the NM value for these books. foreheadslap.gif

893whatthe.gifforeheadslap.giffrustrated.gif

It seems to be a well-kept secret, but we feature a price guide to the past editions of the Guide in the back of every annual volume. Just check the table of contents.

Arnold

Too bad the prices are way out of whack with reality. insane.gif

Except the first couple of issues, the rest are at Mile High prices.

Just MHO. flowerred.gif

The first couple are still overpriced. I got a VF/NM copy of the Blue #1 on eBay years ago for around $300 and the guide says that it's "worth" $1,500. I have never paid anything close to the NM value for these books. foreheadslap.gif

893whatthe.gifforeheadslap.giffrustrated.gif

agree the pricing seems out of whack, but one can't deny the historical and nostalgic value of these books. i bought my #1 (white) front bud plant about

6-7 years ago. bought #'s 2-5 from my old local comic shop about 10 years ago. my first purchase was #6 so the first five seem more unique/valuable to me.

i often find myself using them to research prices or questions. to me, they're like the Gerbers; if you're serious, you got 'em.......... thumbsup2.gif

Arnold

hMMMMM,, maybe next year I'll take time to read some of the

other parts of the softback, before I take the Xacto knife, cut the

front and back covers off, rip out all the ads and editorial sections,

clean up the spine, then tape it all back together neatly......

Think maybe I killed that NM value??????? thumbsup2.gif