• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batwoman creative team quits

75 posts in this topic

Screw DC for this move. Great move by the creators quitting. Complete lack of respect for gay people and for the creators who have been working on this for years. Who cares if they're gay and marry? Grow up DC.

Clearly Batwoman being lesbian was not the issue they had with the creative teams "proposed" story. Grow up people....

".....and, most crushingly, prohibited from ever showing Kate and Maggie actually getting married."

uh, YES, IT WAS.

You're quoting what Williams and Blackman said, not what DC said.

The writer and artist could have been, and believe very likely were, over exaggerating. By using the words 'prohibited from ever showing' it sparks the emotional reaction that DC is somehow against the homosexual aspect of the story.

That clearly can not be the case. They already green lighted the character being in an openly gay relationship, and engaged to their same sex partner.

This story, like most news articles, is written with a slant to invoke a response in the reader and drive up readership and views. There is no way that the character being a lesbian was the issue, DC already approved that aspect of the story.

This is a case of journalistic freedom, exaggerated allegations and a lot of conclusion jumping, in my opinion.

They already green lighted the character being in an openly gay relationship, and engaged to their same sex partner.

That's what I was wondering.

If DC already approved the creative direction with the relationship, then why would it be a major issue to have a same-sex marriage?

How many hetrro characters have the comics advertised with a wedding...besides superman..just curious.

Spider-Man

He's looking for a number. :gossip:

Exact number? (shrug)

Luke Cage/Jessica Jones, Reed/Sue Richards, Ant-Man/Wasp. Jean Grey/Scott Summers, Aquaman/Mera, Vision/Scarlett Witch, Flash/someone, Rick Jones/someone.

That's all I can quickly rattle off. All were cover advertised except maybe Ant-Man/Wasp.

They already green lighted the character being in an openly gay relationship, and engaged to their same sex partner.

If DC already approved the creative direction with the relationship, then why would it be a major issue to have a same-sex marriage?

It could easily be for the same reason that Clark and Lois didn't get together for decades. The brass tries to take the long view, stretch everything out as far as it can go. Didn't the article reference DC's intention to break up other long-standing couples? That seems like a more plausible answer than "DC hates the gays!!"

It could easily be for the same reason that Clark and Lois didn't get together for decades. The brass tries to take the long view, stretch everything out as far as it can go. Didn't the article reference DC's intention to break up other long-standing couples? That seems like a more plausible answer than "DC hates the gays!!"

Most probably. I doubt there is some hating going on at DC, other than who approved the Catwoman movie.

Most probably. I doubt there is some hating going on at DC, other than who approved the Catwoman movie.

"SOME PEOPLE WON'T BE HAPPY 'TILL THE WHOLE WORLD'S GAY!!!" :mad:

"DC'S A BUNCH OF LGBT HATER SCUMBAGS!!!" :mad:

"MAKE MINE MARVEL!!!" :baiting:

How many hetrro characters have the comics advertised with a wedding...besides superman..just curious.

Spider-Man

Spider-Man and Superman became boring after getting married.

Hmm...I never read that Superman vs. Spider-Man comic. Is that what happens? What a misleading cover!!

Spider-Man

Spider-Man and Superman became boring after getting married.

Yeah they did.

You can add Luke Cage to that list. I just read every New Avengers book recently and the Luke Cage/Jessica Jones getting married and protecting their baby was a total yawn fest.