• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batwoman creative team quits

75 posts in this topic

How many hetrro characters have the comics advertised with a wedding...besides superman..just curious.

Spider-Man

Spider-Man and Superman became boring after getting married.

You didn't hear about their frequent "team-up" issues?

How many hetrro characters have the comics advertised with a wedding...besides superman..just curious.

Spider-Man

Yeah they did.

You can add Luke Cage to that list. I just read every New Avengers book recently and the Luke Cage/Jessica Jones getting married and protecting their baby was a total yawn fest.

Yep it becomes a yawn fest, and that is why most of the modern comic books have become boring compared to the movies, animated TV shows and video games.

We want action and comedy, and not a bunch people dressed up in cosplay costumes pontificating about their love lives and feeling sorry for themselves.

:)

Spider-Man

That's marriage for you.

They already green lighted the character being in an openly gay relationship, and engaged to their same sex partner.

That's what I was wondering.

If DC already approved the creative direction with the relationship, then why would it be a major issue to have a same-sex marriage?

It could easily be for the same reason that Clark and Lois didn't get together for decades. The brass tries to take the long view, stretch everything out as far as it can go. Didn't the article reference DC's intention to break up other long-standing couples? That seems like a more plausible answer than "DC hates the gays!!"

Most probably. I doubt there is some hating going on at DC, other than who approved the Catwoman movie.

I agree.

This what will happen to Batwoman. It will be cancelled.

Why?

:gossip:

Low sales like most of the New DC 52 reboot.

Batwoman currently ranks 90 on the top Diamond 300 charts.

People are just not buying the comic book.

When something doesn`t sell you either try to save it with a new direction or you cancel it.

DC is in the business to make money, and not push agendas.

Spider-Man

Hmm...I never read that Superman vs. Spider-Man comic. Is that what happens? What a misleading cover!!

The movie adaptation was even worse - didn't adhere to the original material at all.

Did someone else mention this already? Same company.

Midnighter-and-Apollo.jpg

Isn't that an imprint within the DC Comics family?

It is/was. Maybe not the same thing then, but still relevant to the discussion I would think.

It is/was. Maybe not the same thing then, but still relevant to the discussion I would think.

And of course those two characters are really alternate versions of...

Superman and Batman.

Superman and Batman.

This is true.

Superman and Batman.

Really? I never/don't read about these characters, but was surprised if the parent company is so against the LGBT lifestyle they would allow this.

The first three volumes of The Authority are great.

What DC are doing with them now, not so much.

hm

Christmas isn't that far off. Maybe I just found one of my new presents.

I would highly recommend them.

One of the first things I read when I got back into comics. Unfortunately I assumed that comics had made massive leaps in quality in the 15 years or so since I'd last read one and so I expected everything to be this great.

Then I read some books from the 90's. doh!

The first three volumes of The Authority are great.

What DC are doing with them now, not so much.

hm

Christmas isn't that far off. Maybe I just found one of my new presents.

I would highly recommend them.

+1

I would also recommend getting the Warren Ellis "StormWatch" books (including WildCATS/Aliens) that lead into The Authority (thumbs u

Spider-Man

Hmm...I never read that Superman vs. Spider-Man comic. Is that what happens? What a misleading cover!!

Speedy won the internet, everyone go home.

Superman and Batman.

Really? I never/don't read about these characters, but was surprised if the parent company is so against the LGBT lifestyle they would allow this.

IIRC, these characters were already established when DC bought Wildstorm, and Wildstorm was editorially independent from DC (the only reason Alan Moore stuck around). And since there isn't a Wildstorm imprint anymore, these characters have been incorporated into the regular DC universe.