• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batwoman creative team quits

75 posts in this topic

It would appear that DC is just against marriage for any of its characters.

Which is a fine editorial decision to make, and good editors should be communicating these kind of things to their creators.

I dont think Marvel or DC are being very good Editors in the last decade or so. There are some success stories, but far more gaffs and outright failures.

All the DC characters should get married in one big ceremony and then 6 months later DC can reboot the whole universe and magic away the weddings.

nah Blackmagic-ing away things is Marvels hack.

Fixed that for you....dang Mephisto

Why have there been no bisexual polygamy stories from DC or Marvel? Rocket Raccoon offers a great opportunity to explore bestiality in comics. There should be a whole imprint from Marvel & DC that only explores the sex lives of superheroes. I just feel that comics are holding back at the expense of great storytelling.

DG

I'm pretty sure Howard the Duck beat Rocket Raccoon to the punch on this one.

HTD2Pan2.jpg

I think there is a bit more to the story than we are seeing. Like others said, DC knew what they were getting in to when they allowed a gay character to be featured in a book. Why would they stop it now?

It seems like it was rather low sales and poor reviews. My guess is they felt like a move like this would be seen as an attempt to gain attention because of the controversial issue (I said this in the modern thread too).

I hope JH Williams gets back to drawing books. His layouts were some of the best I'd seen. Batwoman hasn't been good since Rucka left.

How many hetrro characters have the comics advertised with a wedding...besides superman..just curious.

Spider-Man

Spider-Man and Superman became boring after getting married.

I didn't feel like Spider-Man was boring because of the marriage. Personally, it always just felt like poor story telling.

I hope JH Williams gets back to drawing books. His layouts were some of the best I'd seen.

Speaking of awesome JH Williams III art and LGBT/gender-bending themes, everyone should read "Promethea". I think it's one of Alan Moore's greatest works.

I concur - Promethea is fantastic.

I think they did the right thing from a business perspective. Attempt to stay out of any issue that is political and could end up costing you business by people off. It's best to just curb it now and not allow it to happen then to risk losing more customers. It's lose lose for them though now but I think this route is more damage control.

I think they did the right thing from a business perspective. Attempt to stay out of any issue that is political and could end up costing you business by people off. It's best to just curb it now and not allow it to happen then to risk losing more customers. It's lose lose for them though now but I think this route is more damage control.

But Marvel already did this a few years ago with North Star. So what's the problem? Also, they already have a gay Allen Scott/Green Lantern as well as Batwoman. So why have any characters that are gay if you don't go all the way with the idea? That's just cowardly.

However, as someone mentioned previously, it's a good gimmick to raise sells. Because here we are talking about it. I find it interesting that people are so upset about a character that has only been around a couple of years. Its not like it was Supperman coming out to marry Lex Luthor. Then maybe I could see the big uproar. But up to a couple of years ago there wasn't any Batwoman. (At least not a regular book and not some SA character.)