• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auctions Scam Linguini

145 posts in this topic

my dad told me not to make any more rap videos. :sorry:

I don't there are enough rap videos in this world.

Your overwhelming joy has influenced your typing counselor ... :grin:

lol - I am in front of a normal computer now. I can never decide whether or not to leave the iPad's autocorrect on or off.

That all sounds shady if the alleged NP Gresham shill account was/is truly being used to bid up their auctions.

It's all true and has been for like a decade, just like the "Heritage Bump" where the price is raised to just under the reserve. It doesn't matter though, because it's all legal in Texas. Read the eritage fine print, they say it right there.

Legal maybe but then why they did allegedly deny it at first?

Because while it may be legal, it is morally reprehensible.

-slym

Regarding Manning's auctions: I bid on a bunch of lots. Some I was outbid

on and that was OK. I won about 7 auctions; 6 I won at my maximum bid;

the last on was the lot I bid the least on and I won it for precisely one

increment less than my maximum bid. Clearly they cooked the bids.

Since some of the winning bids filled in my Action comics issues 26 - 50,

in the long term, I am pleased with my winnings.

Shortly after that Auction Manning sold the business including the

customer/victim list to Heritage so I have been getting all of the

Heritage auction catalogues and bidding on their auctions. I have

never had a problem with Heritage and have never seen anything

like Manning's business plan.

On a related note I see that there are another 3 pages of Tadano Corp books that are being auctioned off including a few that I was in a bidding war with but lost because the final prices where beyond ridiculous. I wonder how many books I won last year that were actually bid up because of that guy who made all those bids with Tadano's money?

From what I understand, if you were in a bidding war with him, you always lost. You only won a book if he wasn't bidding on it.

lol I think all of the Heritage horses are dead.

If you think that a company that has sold over $800,000,000 worth of collectibles at more than a 20% take to their own coffers gives a rat's arse about a single comic book, you are nuttier than than squirrel poop. We are talking about guys who take home tens of millions a year in profit supposedly doing something illegal on a $223.35 comic?

It's just narcissism. You aren't that important.

(thumbs u

Having worked for a coin auction house preEbay, I can tell you that shills are the normal. You have to have a catalog with eye catching pieces to get buyers to look so dealers put in the gems and the records get set, except that private bidder never exists. It is no different in comic auctions.

Then dealers started grading services and branched into comics. Sharks.

$800,000,000 in sales sounds great until you realize the records are private. Soths and Christies both have scandals in their past. I really doubt if there is a legit house in the business.

It must suck to be only able to afford drek and consequently have to raise noise over $223. What's that like for you, 6 months salary ?

You were much more entertaining when you posted pics of semi nude women.

I don't think we have had a full on rant and tirade on these boards in awhile. With the Yankee game going South and my procrastination at full throttle from getting the last of my college work done...

Someone entertain me.

I don't think we have had a full on rant and tirade on these boards in awhile. With the Yankee game going South and my procrastination at full throttle from getting the last of my college work done...

Someone entertain me.

When I get home. Right now I'm on that kosher kush.

Someone entertain me.

seems like it has been hmm oh nearly two weeks..

I'm just sayin'

People keep throwing the name Manning around not realizing that to many of us the only Mannings that matter are Peyton and Eli...

Man, Peyton was on fire last night. He's my opponent's QB in this weeks Fantasy Football Match up. I can only hope Rodgers is up to the task Sunday....

People keep throwing the name Manning around not realizing that to many of us the only Mannings that matter are Peyton and Eli...

Man, Peyton was on fire last night. He's my opponent's QB in this weeks Fantasy Football Match up. I can only hope Rodgers is up to the task Sunday....

Me too Chuck! AND Wes Welker! :cry:

Mine too... I think he was projected at 20.97 points and he scored 46.28 points against me in my Yahoo league. I already chalked this week up to a loss unless Rodgers and Martin (on my team) have a ridiculous week.