• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some pretty Church copies for 9/29/04

24 posts in this topic

Hey folks, just thought I'd share with you my first comiclink purchase.

I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted a Church book and figured a western would be nice, since I like the stories and the superhero Church's are way wayyy out of my range. So I found these three issues of Billy West and honestly I could only afford one so I ordered the #5 since it was the highest grade but then I felt bad about breaking these three issues up...so I slept on it and decided the very next morning that if I promised myself not to make any other comic related purchases for 8 weeks that I could afford the other 2 books...and so now I am eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch everyday (really!) and will not go back to my LCS till mid-november (considering I never go more than 7 days without this will be a tough thing to do). So please feel free to post some books in this thread to help get me through till november!!!

Sorry about the crappy pictures, i promise to get a scanner by dec.

this is billy west #4 in 9.0 not bad for a book from 1949...

0.jpg

billy west #5 9.4

1.jpg

billy west #6 in 8.0 (there is a chip out of the back corner sadly) this book has such bright fresh cover colors that this picture will not do it justice...my buddies who are into todd mcfarlane spidermans dropped their jaws to the ground when i showed them this.

2.jpg

hopefully this pic is clear enough....

3.jpg

and here is a reading copy of issue #5, this is actually the Lost Valley copy of the book and its in beautiful shape, i think the dust shadows give it personality..

4.jpg

heres both issue number 5's

5.jpg

i doubt you can read this but its the lost valley CoA.

6.jpg

Just a question now: if i were to remove these from the cgc holders, lets say in a few years i wanted to re-sub them, how would i get the edgar church notation put on the label, being that i do not have any CoA for these books?

That's awesome! I like pb&j - especially if you use strawberry jelly - yum. You can also throw some bananas in there . . . a lot of different variations can get you through the 8 weeks no problems wink.gif

I want to get a church copy of something . . .

great books,

DAM

That's awesome! I like pb&j - especially if you use strawberry jelly - yum. You can also throw some bananas in there . . . a lot of different variations can get you through the 8 weeks no problems wink.gif

I want to get a church copy of something . . .

great books,

DAM

you could fry the bananas and put them in the sandwich too. Mmm..mmm.

oh yeah nice books reddog. thumbsup2.gif

those are VERY nice. i'm with Old Guy - not too hip on Pedigrees in general, but the Church collection is just Legendary.................... cloud9.gif

oh and tell Billy's female sidekick that it's best to change her shirt once in a while....... grin.gif

Great books. I really don't care much about pedigrees, but I've always thought it would be cool to own a Church book.

I know how you feel, Oldguy, but the Edgar Church pedigree is true comic history to me,....just wish someone else had found it !

why isn't the Billy West 5 noted with "bondage cover" on the label?

Good point ! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Next time I grade one I'll put that note on the label. I've been adding a lot of notes like that when I see it, but it does take time. I might not see a Billy West #5 within the next year.

West

Next time I grade one I'll put that note on the label. I've been adding a lot of notes like that when I see it, but it does take time. I might not see a Billy West #5 within the next year.

West

Hey West,

Just send him the notation on a sticky-note. devil.gif

hail.gif TIMELY'S RULE !

West

did you grade this one? if so, thats pretty neat.

these are the only billy west 4, 5, and 6 on the survey 893applaud-thumb.gif