• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic-Con finally a 3 day con Sept 5-7, 2014

186 posts in this topic

I'd tell you to give Baltimore a shot. I've not been to the con, but have heard nothing but good things and may try to go in '14 myself. I have been to Baltimore and its fantastic, worth the trip by itself, especially with the Geppi right there.

Charlotte Heroes Con and the Baltimore Con are both great comic shows!! They are spread out 2 months apart...the beginning of summer and the end of summer! I'm fortunate to live a few hours in each direction from both of these shows. I'm not a fan of the "pop culture cons". These are 2 shows that stay true to a "comic book convention". Glad to see Baltimore go to 3 days!! There were so many people there this year!

I'm trying to commit to Baltimore early this year. I was looking to book a room at the Sheraton Inner Harbor. When I request a rate, they quote me $399.00 per night. Last year it was like $120.00 per night (not sure if that was with a discount code for the show), if I remember correctly. Does anybody know what the deal is? There's no way that a 3 1/2 star hotel in Baltimore is worth that much per night. Does anybody have any insight?

I'm trying to commit to Baltimore early this year. I was looking to book a room at the Sheraton Inner Harbor. When I request a rate, they quote me $399.00 per night. Last year it was like $120.00 per night (not sure if that was with a discount code for the show), if I remember correctly. Does anybody know what the deal is? There's no way that a 3 1/2 star hotel in Baltimore is worth that much per night. Does anybody have any insight?

The HIlton is around $159 according to Expedia and the Sheraton is sold out. Probably a large block of rooms are reserved for the convention. Should be early con registration to get this $120 rate.

The HIlton is around $159 according to Expedia and the Sheraton is sold out. Probably a large block of rooms are reserved for the convention. Should be early con registration to get this $120 rate.

As of last week they hadn't announced the con rate yet. Which hotel is the adjacent one ?

As of last week they hadn't announced the con rate yet. Which hotel is the adjacent one ?

I believe it's the Sheraton, and the rate still isn't posted. Surely there's going to be one. I need to get my room booked soon. The show is just three short months away.

Baltimore Comic-Con Announces On-Site CGC Grading for This Year's Show

BALTIMORE, MARYLAND - June 19, 2014 - The Baltimore Comic-Con is excited to announce that Certified Guaranty Company, LLC (CGC) will be on-hand to conduct on-site grading at this year's show. The show, which is expanding this year to three days, will take place the weekend of September 5-7 at the Baltimore Convention Center.

According to Harshen Patel, Director of Operations for CGC, they will be accepting submission for all tiers of service - with the exception of Magazines - on a first-come, first-serve basis for all three days of the show. In addition to the on-site grading, CGC will be partnering with Classic Collectible Services (CCS) to also offer attendees of the show on-site pressing service.

"The Baltimore Comic-Con has always been such a successful show and CGC has shared in that success over the years," said Patel. "With the show moving to 3 days, it was only natural for us to offer on-site grading to the collectors and dealers attending this year."

"We couldn't be happier to have CGC exhibiting at the show," said Marc Nathan, show promoter of the Baltimore Comic-Con. "The services that they provide in the collectible community are invaluable, and having them on-hand to provide on-site grading and pressing will make many of the show's attendees very happy!"

Pricing information for on-site services will be available as we approach the show date.