• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Waitlist

23 posts in this topic

When there is a sale pending, then you can put yourself on the waitlist for that particular book, not another one like it, that one. If the buyer does not come through, then they will offer it to you.

Has anyone actually gotten the book cuz sOmetimes the waitlist books are on there forever. Also r u obliged to buy the book or not and how long are the waitlists?

I was wondering the same thing. I've only hit the Wait List button a few times, and never experienced a book falling through.

I've been on the waitlist for several books and have not gotten one response back.

It does take time. I've been contacted for a few books that I put on the wait list.

It's crazy to expect buyers to stay financially committed to a purchase for extended periods of time. The site sucks. Just about every book is 'sale pending'. It's a complete waste of time.

But how do they contact u? Email?

Yes, they contact me via email. You're not under any obligation to purchase the book(s). The email is just let you know the book you wanted and waited (however long) is available now.

Really? I thought being on the waitlist meant you were obligated to buy.

But how do they contact u? Email?

Yes, they contact me via email. You're not under any obligation to purchase the book(s). The email is just let you know the book you wanted and waited (however long) is available now.

Really? I thought being on the waitlist meant you were obligated to buy.

Not for me. I've passed on a few books where I was notified via email the book was available.

Wow guys thanks for the help, ok so ur not obligated, contacted via email, ok well I out my self on a bunch of books on wait list, who knows? Might get lucky! One final question, are you allowed to make offers if they tell u the book is available?

I don't know. I never tried to make an offer but I would think you could if the book is not part of one their monthly auctions. I would call and ask.