• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone sell modern runs? Advice

13 posts in this topic

Typically when I find I'm not enjoying a book anymore, I cancel it and sell the lot I have. This hasn't been too tough, as the longest run I've done this with has been 20 issues. However I've recently come to the conclusion that I'd like to give up on some of my long running subscriptions. As much as I used to love these books, they aren't doing it for me anymore. The problem is these are over 50-75 issue runs of modern books. I don't have much of a local comic market, so does anyone have any tips on the best way to move these lots? Would I be better off breaking them up, or selling as runs? I'm just worried the shipping costs will scare bulk buyers away. I'd appreciate any insight.

It really depends on the issue. Even comics with a "higher market value" can be hard to sell if you don't have a buyer.

For example, Flash 92 (firs Impulse) has an Overstreet Value of $10 in NM-(9.2). Let's say that you can sell it on eBay for that.. You pay them $1, you pay PayPal $0.28, and you net $8.72. Or it might sit on eBay and never sell. Or it might end much lower at auction.

Or you can save all of that hassle and sell it to Lone Star for $4.32 store credit or $3.60 cash.

http://www.mycomicshop.com/webuycomics/record?q=flash+92&pubid=&isw=

If you have some hot comics or something really valuable, it'll be worth it to sell it on your own. But for everything else, selling to Lone Star is very quick and easy. They buy lots of stuff that you would never expect. It may not always be a lot of money, but if you are looking to move something, getting something is better than never getting anything for it.

It really depends on the issue. Even comics with a "higher market value" can be hard to sell if you don't have a buyer.

For example, Flash 92 (firs Impulse) has an Overstreet Value of $10 in NM-(9.2). Let's say that you can sell it on eBay for that.. You pay them $1, you pay PayPal $0.28, and you net $8.72. Or it might sit on eBay and never sell. Or it might end much lower at auction.

Or you can save all of that hassle and sell it to Lone Star for $4.32 store credit or $3.60 cash.

http://www.mycomicshop.com/webuycomics/record?q=flash+92&pubid=&isw=

If you have some hot comics or something really valuable, it'll be worth it to sell it on your own. But for everything else, selling to Lone Star is very quick and easy. They buy lots of stuff that you would never expect. It may not always be a lot of money, but if you are looking to move something, getting something is better than never getting anything for it.

Thanks a lot for the help and opinion. That makes a lot of sense. Perhaps I should have been more specific. I don't need to sell fast, so I'd like closer to fmv. However I don't have an unrealistic expectation of all high over street prices.

What are you trying to get rid of ?

Walking Dead run, probably Invincible as well. Quite possibly Amazing Spiderman. I would expect at least the first two titles to sell well to general buyers though.

You won't have trouble selling any of those in sets or in full runs. Popular characters/stories bring good money all of the time. You could sell them on this site. There is a part of the site that is nothing but sales.

Yeah, I was considering that. I was just worried about the high shipping costs. But I suppose I will give it a shot and see what bites. Thanks for all the help everyone.

If you are selling a full run of WD, I think you will get way more money if you separate it out then selling as a set. If selling a full run, I would:

1. pick out the ones that are potential 9.8s and send them to CGC with a 9.8 prescreen

2. sell the graded copies here first then eBay

3. sell the raw copies here first, then eBay

4. CGC copies that do not sell send to Lone Star Comics for consignment

5. Raw comics that dont: consign keys to Lone Star Comics, sell the rest to them outright.