• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is there a most desired/valuable/ellusive signature?

37 posts in this topic

Sorry if this has come up before.

I was wondering if there is a great white whale of the SS community?

A particularly elusive signature? Like say Kirby or an infamous cgc signing event where an artist or creator only appeared one and then never did another a la J D Salinger.

Thanks in advance

Jake

I would love to get a Luis Dominguez signed Weird War Tales book. :acclaim: I don't think there are many comics with his signature on them. (shrug)

Me too! I used to send a book for LD every time I sent books to NY, just in case. :)

I would love to get a Luis Dominguez signed Weird War Tales book. :acclaim: I don't think there are many comics with his signature on them. (shrug)

Me too! I used to send a book for LD every time I sent books to NY, just in case. :)

If I had been paying attention I would have gotten a stack signed in San Diego 2006. He was set up at the table right next to us.

If I remember correctly, he wanted several hundred dollars for a $20 canvas print of one of his covers. So it's unclear how much sigs would have run. lol

I will throw Barry Windsor Smith in the mix.

There are a very small number of books that exist with his signature which makes wanting one worse because at some point for the right price it could be available. As opposed to someone like Ditko who has never and will never sign anything.