• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pretty Neal Adams Batman Book of the Day

59 posts in this topic

Gorgeous! I`ll be adding that one to my ever increasing wish list. Neal Adams has to be the best thing that has ever happened to the Caped Crusader. Bats is my all time favorite comic hero,bar none.

Nope!

Batman # 227 gets my vote! cloud9.gif

batman227.jpg

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif Make that two votes....best cover ever man 893applaud-thumb.gif

acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

Nice avatar! Think we're related? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Not sure about being related but great minds do think alike! yay.gifthumbsup2.gifyay.gif

Ok.. I gotta admit.. both candidates are worthy of Best Batman N.A. cover.

But this has always been, and to me is pure Batman.

( I hope it is N.A... I always gave him credit for it.. am I correct?.. it is Neal Adams work right?, please tell me I am right.. or I am screwed. foreheadslap.gif)

Anyhow.. this is my vote..

No one else on the cover.., but Batty himself.. really pissed off..distinctive N.A. abstract perspective.. to me it is a classic.. ohh.. and Bat Cape aplenty...

And a big circle for a moon too.!

BEST BATS COVER EVER

Bats241.JPG

Yeah, 241 is an Adams cover. Of his Batman run I would have to say my second favorite is 237 (simply awesome Halloween cover) or 234 first SA 2-Face. They are all great in some way though.

# 237 would be my second vote..

Not only for Best Cover.. but best story ever .

That is among the few comics I have probably read over 100 times.

It to me is what makes a really great comic story.

I would love to see that animated as a Halloween Special. cloud9.gif

And Pov.. I think you are right on the Mary Mc.Guff Reference.

And this Cover has always held a certain C.S.I. allure for me.

Was really graphic for the time.

Bats419.JPG

On that Batman 241 - IS there a Mary MacGuffin character? Sounds like homage to Hitchcock!

Yep, that's writer Denny O'Neil being cute. Mary MacGuffin is the kidnap victim. The story revolves around Batman rescuing her from the kidnapper Col. Sulphur. So she's the macguffin... yeahok.gif