• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #52

188 posts in this topic

Well I seem to have sold all the books I have listed (except a midgrade Jimmy) for GPA or better so I don't think this thread is a factor.I happily admit to being a snarky so and so on occasion but I have never not sent, or not paid for a book.

And on this forum, that seems to be all that matters.

This website is largely to do with buying/selling.

Seriously? The buying and selling here is a fraction of what this site exists for...albeit an excellent aspect thereof. For the discussion, buying and selling is a complex issue...many people looking to pay or sell for the right price to flip or hold onto the book...

The biggest dealers on the planet reside here, everyone is hyping (most people anyway) something, be it the new find in a widows attic to letting people know you have x number of copies of a heating up book.

Did you not see the big letters CGC on the entrance?

If you choose not to deal with me, then I'm not going to cry into my Cheerios about it.

As Bob/namisgr stated, virtually no dealers hyping here. Just posting from time to time, providing links, and offering buy prices or best offers for anyone to go from there...

Just not getting where you are coming from (?) (shrug) Really not the place to pimp your books beyond normal description hyperbole (within board acceptable reason)

And your caustic attitude has now painted yourself into the proverbial corner and you're lashing out...eff off is my take...

And I'm about the mellowest guy on these boards as far as I can self-evaluate...

Cheers! :insane:

t

Well I seem to have sold all the books I have listed (except a midgrade Jimmy) for GPA or better so I don't think this thread is a factor.I happily admit to being a snarky so and so on occasion but I have never not sent, or not paid for a book.

And on this forum, that seems to be all that matters.

This website is largely to do with buying/selling.

Seriously? The buying and selling here is a fraction of what this site exists for...albeit an excellent aspect thereof. For the discussion, buying and selling is a complex issue...many people looking to pay or sell for the right price to flip or hold onto the book...

The biggest dealers on the planet reside here, everyone is hyping (most people anyway) something, be it the new find in a widows attic to letting people know you have x number of copies of a heating up book.

Did you not see the big letters CGC on the entrance?

If you choose not to deal with me, then I'm not going to cry into my Cheerios about it.

As Bob/namisgr stated, virtually no dealers hyping here. Just posting from time to time, providing links, and offering buy prices or best offers for anyone to go from there...

Just not getting where you are coming from (?) (shrug) Really not the place to pimp your books beyond normal description hyperbole (within board acceptable reason)

And your caustic attitude has now painted yourself into the proverbial corner and you're lashing out...eff off is my take...

And I'm about the mellowest guy on these boards as far as I can self-evaluate...

Cheers! :insane:

t

I look at buying and selling here as a high stakes poker game. You win, you lose but always do it with a little class if you expect to be invited back to the table. Some are little more forgiving, some a bit more sensitive but ultimately if you show some respect you will earn a spot at the table.

Are some a little harder than others, definitely. I just remind myself to stay focus on what you want to accomplish. A lot folks here are from a different time when your word, and how you acted made up you are. While I personally think that's changed (a whole other topic) it's important to understand the rules of the house and the people who maintain it. Don't just come in and put your feet on the table.

I'm not saying this is what you are doing but I have definitely seen enough in 5 months to know what these folks deem important and what they won't stand for.

I've made some mistakes, hopefully over time some of my critics will see beyond those and understand there is more to me than what I type (like many of us).

Finally I'm old enough now to understand that whenever someone shares a bit of wisdom it's good to listen, they probably (not always) may know what they are talking about. I'm old enough to know I don't know everything.

The "quickly someone to be steered clear of corner" would be that corner... :foryou::insane: (thumbs u

Each to their own I guess - good luck to you.