• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #52

188 posts in this topic

Where do most of you Silver Age experts see the ceiling?

Prices have tripled in 2 years across multiple grades.

Ebay is being stripped of copies, especially new books listed at *old* prices.

I grabbed an easy 6.5/7.0 for $85 today. Others are flying equally as quickly.

I think its a combination of the fact that The Black Panther is a genuinely overlooked key, and the possibility of a movie becoming closer to fruition.

The latest gossip is that 2016 is the year.

So what do people think a Blue 7.0 will get to?

I'm going to say $1300.

What do you guys think?

Where do most of you Silver Age experts see the ceiling?

Prices have tripled in 2 years across multiple grades.

Ebay is being stripped of copies, especially new books listed at *old* prices.

I grabbed an easy 6.5/7.0 for $85 today. Others are flying equally as quickly.

I think its a combination of the fact that The Black Panther is a genuinely overlooked key, and the possibility of a movie becoming closer to fruition.

The latest gossip is that 2016 is the year.

So what do people think a Blue 7.0 will get to?

I'm going to say $1300.

What do you guys think?

#48's sell for $700 in 7.0. i don't care if there are currently 4x as many #48's on the census in that grade or better, there's no reason for #52's to command more than a #48 except at maybe 9.4 or better.

Fair call. I looked and there are only about 300 ish on the census (I think).

The movie does seem to be making a difference.

I sold a 7.0 for $630 2 days ago on these very boards.

Several ebay sellers have cancelled and relisted at $200 - $250 extra.

My only point is that in 2 years, the book has tripled and the movie news has only just broken.

Is another doubling in price before 2016 (movie release date) unthinkable?

I have a 9.4 FF #48 so I feel I can speak on the subject, and my thought is that an FF #52 at the same price and grade would not be unreasonable.

There is the whole Black Hero issue as well - Marvel was very brave with the Panther and so I feel that this book is destined to become a major key, and a must have for any serious collector.

Again, just my 2c.

Only 4 sales of a 7.0 this year. High being 467. Low being 250. The 500. From eBay is not on the list yet. I can't see 1300. ever for a 7.0 copy. And where did you get this deal for a FF 52 in 6.5 to 7.0 for 85 bucks? Trying to build up steam with this thread for a quick flip? :popcorn::facepalm:

Highest recorded GPA sale for a 7.0 is around $470, so getting $630 for your copy is record setting.

However until it becomes a regular occurrence, I'd call it an abnormality considering three 7.5s have sold on ebay in only the past 60days between $450-$480.

With all that said, perhaps in 2016 your $630 sale (a 30% gain on existing prices) will be the average?

Fair call. I looked and there are only about 300 ish on the census (I think).

The movie does seem to be making a difference.

I sold a 7.0 for $630 2 days ago on these very boards.

Several ebay sellers have cancelled and relisted at $200 - $250 extra.

My only point is that in 2 years, the book has tripled and the movie news has only just broken.

Is another doubling in price before 2016 (movie release date) unthinkable?

I have a 9.4 FF #48 so I feel I can speak on the subject, and my thought is that an FF #52 at the same price and grade would not be unreasonable.

There is the whole Black Hero issue as well - Marvel was very brave with the Panther and so I feel that this book is destined to become a major key, and a must have for any serious collector.

Again, just my 2c.

hasn't this historically been the time when the fever is at its highest pitch and prices have nowhere to go but down? DD #168, X-Men #101, Watchmen #1, Avengers #55 (ok, that hasn't occurred YET), etc.

Only 4 sales of a 7.0 this year. High being 467. Low being 250. The 500. From eBay is not on the list yet. I can't see 1300. ever for a 7.0 copy. And where did you get this deal for a FF 52 in 6.5 to 7.0 for 85 bucks? Trying to build up steam with this thread for a quick flip? :popcorn::facepalm:

No its off to be slabbed. A guy posted it on ebay earlier this morning. I bought it before other people saw it.

As for a flip - well I have 4 other slabbed FF #52's to sell before I get around to the 5 others I have recently bought.

But feel free to make assumptions. I love these forums and the good feelings they bring lol (thumbs u

So where do you think the FF #52 WILL end up financially?

Only 4 sales of a 7.0 this year. High being 467. Low being 250. The 500. From eBay is not on the list yet. I can't see 1300. ever for a 7.0 copy. And where did you get this deal for a FF 52 in 6.5 to 7.0 for 85 bucks? ? [/b] :popcorn::facepalm:

No its off to be slabbed. A guy posted it on ebay earlier this morning. I bought it before other people saw it.

As for a flip - well I have 4 other slabbed FF #52's to sell before I get around to the 5 others I have recently bought.

But feel free to make assumptions. I love these forums and the good feelings they bring lol (thumbs u

So where do you think the FF #52 WILL end up financially?

9 copies. Right. I rest my case. GLWTS!

Hey, I'm just doing what anyone else is doing with resources to do so.

If a bronze age book is on the rise, then you'd grab a few if you could surely?

I have a small keeper collection, and to get the mega-keys in a minimum of 6.5 (my level), then yes, I do have to take a chance.

I want a HG Daredevil #1 - they are not cheap.

BTW, There is a 7.0 that was taken down from ebay on the back of the 7.0 sale. It's just been relisted for $700.

As for Oakmans 8.0, there is one on ebay for $1350 and one on consignment for $1150.

I think this book is astoundingly undervalued, and I have acted accordingly.

I can assure you - I am not the only one!

:gossip: There is a 5.0 or similar for sale on the boards for $250 - go buy it..... (thumbs u

Hey, I'm just doing what anyone else is doing with resources to do so.

If a bronze age book is on the rise, then you'd grab a few if you could surely?

I have a small keeper collection, and to get the mega-keys in a minimum of 6.5 (my level), then yes, I do have to take a chance.

I want a HG Daredevil #1 - they are not cheap.

BTW, There is a 7.0 that was taken down from ebay on the back of the 7.0 sale. It's just been relisted for $700.

As for Oakmans 8.0, there is one on ebay for $1350 and one on consignment for $1150.

I think this book is astoundingly undervalued, and I have acted accordingly.

I can assure you - I am not the only one!

:gossip: There is a 5.0 or similar for sale on the boards for $250 - go buy it..... (thumbs u

The only reason for this thread is to hype the comic your hoarding to sell. No other reason for it but your own personal gain. That's why you threw out that you felt the value of a FF 52 would be 1300 in the time frame you stated. Not one person agreed with that opinion.

Nothing wrong with buying comics to sell....nothing wrong with having an opinion about the the value of something you feel is undervalued. I hope you make a mint on everyone you bought.

And I have two copies of FF 52 that I don't plan on selling if the comic blows up in price more anyway. I don't hoard stuff to sell later. I just hoard stuff. :acclaim:

Hoarder :baiting:

You LOVE calling me a hoarder! lol I know you have more then one of these! :baiting::baiting::baiting:

Yeah lol I have a couple tucked away bro :shy:

Your like the king of the hoarders! lol But I don't see you start threads saying that you feel a book will be valued at three times high GPA in a year due to the fact your a hoarder of that issue :foryou:

I should be starting threads saying X-Force #1 will make the Walking Dead #1 look cheap in a year. :idea: Worst comic hoarding idea I ever had. :tonofbricks:lol