• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #52

188 posts in this topic

I still highly rate Bedlam, and cannot speak highly enough about Uber (have not even started selling yet)- I still buy and support both those books.

Bodie Troll - I started a 3 page thread, and only ordered 5, none of which have come back to me yet.

RIPD was a total bust. All 4 copies.

Money is still in moderns - If you can't find it, that's your problem.

I like FF #52 - I have bought some. Big Deal.

You obviously don't venture into SA much because I can tell you that my opinion will not matter a jot to these guys, most of whom have bigger and better collections than I can dream of.

Yes,yes we do............ :cool:

:whistle:

I still highly rate Bedlam, and cannot speak highly enough about Uber (have not even started selling yet)- I still buy and support both those books.

Bodie Troll - I started a 3 page thread, and only ordered 5, none of which have come back to me yet.

RIPD was a total bust. All 4 copies.

Money is still in moderns - If you can't find it, that's your problem.

I like FF #52 - I have bought some. Big Deal.

You obviously don't venture into SA much because I can tell you that my opinion will not matter a jot to these guys, most of whom have bigger and better collections than I can dream of.

Yes,yes we do............ :cool:

:whistle:

lol:applause:

That’s a beautiful copy jsilverjanet – I regret not having bought a higher grade copy before, the Panther is one of my favorite characters. :)

I got this early on, right here on the boards. Paid a bit more than they were going for at the time but I think I got a nice copy in return. Seller thought at best a 7.0 and I agreed, was surprised when I got the scores.

bought it 20+ years ago, slabbed it a month ago, it's on its way to its new home

fantasticfour52cgc92_zpscf4228a7.jpg

Is that the one on ebay at the moment - $1500+ ?

Lovely book my friend, just lovely.

That 9.2 on ebay hit $1925.

A new GPA high, also a new high was reached for an 8.0, just under $700 I think.

Fair call. I looked and there are only about 300 ish on the census (I think).

The movie does seem to be making a difference.

I sold a 7.0 for $630 2 days ago on these very boards.

Several ebay sellers have cancelled and relisted at $200 - $250 extra.

My only point is that in 2 years, the book has tripled and the movie news has only just broken.

Is another doubling in price before 2016 (movie release date) unthinkable?

I have a 9.4 FF #48 so I feel I can speak on the subject, and my thought is that an FF #52 at the same price and grade would not be unreasonable.

There is the whole Black Hero issue as well - Marvel was very brave with the Panther and so I feel that this book is destined to become a major key, and a must have for any serious collector.

Again, just my 2c.

Looks like you relisted this copy of the FF 52 7.0 on the boards. Looks like the same CGC number to me. Record high sale of 630. that you talked about so much fall through? Price even increased 80 bucks. Weird. Should we be adding the old buyer of this book to the don't sell or buy from this guy list? Please advise.

Fair call. I looked and there are only about 300 ish on the census (I think).

The movie does seem to be making a difference.

I sold a 7.0 for $630 2 days ago on these very boards.

Several ebay sellers have cancelled and relisted at $200 - $250 extra.

My only point is that in 2 years, the book has tripled and the movie news has only just broken.

Is another doubling in price before 2016 (movie release date) unthinkable?

I have a 9.4 FF #48 so I feel I can speak on the subject, and my thought is that an FF #52 at the same price and grade would not be unreasonable.

There is the whole Black Hero issue as well - Marvel was very brave with the Panther and so I feel that this book is destined to become a major key, and a must have for any serious collector.

Again, just my 2c.

Looks like you relisted this copy of the FF 52 7.0 on the boards. Looks like the same CGC number to me. Record high sale of 630. that you talked about so much fall through? Price even increased 80 bucks. Weird. Should we be adding the old buyer of this book to the don't sell or buy from this guy list? Please advise.

I used the same pic, I will change it when I have time.

You are a vindictive little so and so aren't you.

Why not contact the buyer - Chuck Bizarro - I'm sure he's happy to confirm it.

The hatred displayed over one comic is astounding.

Got GPA?

Have a look boy, there are a lot more sales you won't like.

So no, Officer Pillock, the sale didn't fall through, as much as you would like it to.

I'll console myself by selling the other 13 I have at CGC upon their return.

Now Jog-On you weekend wannabe.

Sobered up and edited eh? - coward.

Say what you just deleted again so everyone knows what kind of grade A wanker you are.

Sobered up and edited eh? - coward.

Say what you just deleted again so everyone knows what kind of grade A wanker you are.

lol. Instead of the word buyer...I wrote buying. Captain name caller. Still looks like the same book...and the number appear to be the same.