• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #52

188 posts in this topic

Hoarder :baiting:

You LOVE calling me a hoarder! lol I know you have more then one of these! :baiting::baiting::baiting:

Yeah lol I have a couple tucked away bro :shy:

Your like the king of the hoarders! lol But I don't see you start threads saying that you feel a book will be valued at three times high GPA in a year due to the fact your a hoarder of that issue :foryou:

I should be starting threads saying X-Force #1 will make the Walking Dead #1 look cheap in a year. :idea: Worst comic hoarding idea I ever had. :tonofbricks:lol

Like you Frankie, I dont care what anything will be worth in a years time, I wont be selling anytime soon.

I think I only have 1 copy of X-Force #1 :acclaim:

Hoarder :baiting:

You LOVE calling me a hoarder! lol I know you have more then one of these! :baiting::baiting::baiting:

Yeah lol I have a couple tucked away bro :shy:

Your like the king of the hoarders! lol But I don't see you start threads saying that you feel a book will be valued at three times high GPA in a year due to the fact your a hoarder of that issue :foryou:

I should be starting threads saying X-Force #1 will make the Walking Dead #1 look cheap in a year. :idea: Worst comic hoarding idea I ever had. :tonofbricks:lol

Like you Frankie, I dont care what anything will be worth in a years time, I wont be selling anytime soon.

I think I only have 1 copy of X-Force #1 :acclaim:

1????? I have 25 of that dumb comic. In my defense I was 19 and thought that comic would be HUGE.....did end up being huge.....a HUGE waste of money. lol

Just to keep the score card straight for anyone scoring at home....the OP bought another FF 52 in CGC 5.5 for 275 less then an hour ago. Guess after saying to me...good luck finding a 5.0 copy for 250. He was shocked to see one for sale. Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahah So this brings the grand total of FF 52 to 10 copies now of this issue. :headbang:

25 X-Force #1s, thats not too bad bro.

I have about 400 copies of Captain Gallant and I have been giving them away for years lol , that is my biggest waste of space, as well as the photo, I have at least 1 full more full box :facepalm:

CapGallant1.jpg

I have about 400 copies of Captain Gallant and I have been giving them away for years lol , that is my biggest waste of space, as well as the photo, I have at least 1 full more full box :facepalm:

CapGallant1.jpg

:cloud9: Hoarding.

Just to keep the score card straight for anyone scoring at home....the OP bought another FF 52 in CGC 5.5 for 275 less then an hour ago

Lucky for Beige the seller must not have seen this thread. If he had, he would have instantly updated his asking price from $275 closer to $1,000. lol

Just to keep the score card straight for anyone scoring at home....the OP bought another FF 52 in CGC 5.5 for 275 less then an hour ago

Lucky for Beige the seller must not have seen this thread. If he had, he would have instantly updated his asking price from $275 closer to $1,000. lol

He didn't and I bought!

We will see down the track - but I am VERY optimistic that FF #52 will be a very desirable book lol

CapGallant1.jpg

That picture is disturbing. I never even heard of that comic. lol

No he has 10 copies now....now he thinks it will be 1500 in a year now. Mo money, mo money, mo money. Cornering the market. :sumo:

CapGallant1.jpg

Its a Marvel comic that you dont have, coz I got em all lol

:jokealert:

CapGallant1.jpg

Its a Marvel comic that you dont have, coz I got em all lol

:jokealert:

That's Marvel??? Send me one! lol

I'm pretty amazed at the run-up in this book.

It is at best a very minor key, but is currently selling for about the same money as FF 48.

How many actual collectors really care seriously about the Black Panther?

I think that most of the buying right now is being done by pure speculators, and I think that many of the people piling into this book at these prices are going to lose big.

I'm missing the book in my FF run, but there is no way I'm going to be willing to pay anywhere near what I paid for my FF48 to get this book. At these prices, I'd sell the FF52's as fast as I could.

It is at best a very minor key, but is currently selling for about the same money as FF 48.

How many actual collectors really care seriously about the Black Panther?

I am not a "serious collector", but I am a serious reader.

It’s not just because Silver Surfer and Galactus are important that the Black Panther suddenly becomes a second-rate character.

I always loved the Panther, the McGregor series is one of the highest quality storylines of the Bronze age and part of the Kirby series is also very good.

When I read the FF #52-53 story first I was absolutely amazed by the originality of the concept and how fascinating they’d been able to put the whole thing together.

I have waited for a long time to buy a #48, but I would have not been without a #52… :cloud9:

Now it is just too expensive to have a high grade copy. I must settle with my lowgrade one… :(

With the right casting, and a great -script, Black Panther could be HUGE! Who knew who Hellboy was prior to a great cast and the movie? Not many people. Iron Man wasn't nearly as popular as he is today until RDJ and IM1. He's arguably the most popular Marvel character out there now.