• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #52

188 posts in this topic

Just to keep the score card straight for anyone scoring at home....the OP bought another FF 52 in CGC 5.5 for 275 less then an hour ago

Lucky for Beige the seller must not have seen this thread. If he had, he would have instantly updated his asking price from $275 closer to $1,000. lol

I saw the thread I felt my price was @ FMV I have a 7.0 FF 52 that I am holding long term. Funds are going towards a sweet FF 45 another possible huge bump book..I think the run ups are real when the announce an official Black Panther movie with an actor we will see another Avengers 55 panic. Hell that was just a villian forget a whole Movie based on a charecter

With the right casting, and a great -script, Black Panther could be HUGE! Who knew who Hellboy was prior to a great cast and the movie? Not many people. Iron Man wasn't nearly as popular as he is today until RDJ and IM1. He's arguably the most popular Marvel character out there now.

+1

I'm pretty amazed at the run-up in this book.

It is at best a very minor key, but is currently selling for about the same money as FF 48.

How many actual collectors really care seriously about the Black Panther?

I think that most of the buying right now is being done by pure speculators, and I think that many of the people piling into this book at these prices are going to lose big.

I'm missing the book in my FF run, but there is no way I'm going to be willing to pay anywhere near what I paid for my FF48 to get this book. At these prices, I'd sell the FF52's as fast as I could.

I don't know if Minor is the term I would use, but I accept your opinion.

Is he any more or less significant than Hawkeye, The Black Widow or Rocket Racoon? lol

To write the Panther in 1963 was incredibly far-sighted of Marvel, and I agree with Valliant, many Panther stories have been very, very good.

Win some, lose some, but I will almost guarantee you that the Panther will be in Avengers 3 and then in his own film.

If I'm wrong, well that's my look out I guess lol

2c

I saw the thread I felt my price was @ FMV

Another 7.5 sold yesterday for only $359 on ebay. bringing it to a total of four 7.5's now selling in the past 60days between $359-$480.

So i'd say your 5.5 price was fair, if not even a little higher than average which is good news for you.

Another 7.5 sold yesterday for only $359 on ebay. bringing it to a total of four 7.5's now selling in the past 60days between $359-$480.

So i'd say your 5.5 price was fair, if not even a little higher than average which is good news for you.

359??? You are slipping Beige. How can you let one so cheap slip through your fingers??? Could have had 11 copies. doh! If a 7.0 will be 1300 in a year....imagine what a 7.5 will bring. :idea:

359??? You are slipping Beige. How can you let one so cheap slip through your fingers??? Could have had 11 copies. doh! If a 7.0 will be 1300 in a year....imagine what a 7.5 will bring. :idea:

That was actually a really nice one too! (shrug)

Who said I didn't buy it? Maybe you are right, and I should get another 10. hm

And he bought that one too.....wooooo hoooooooo Cornering the market!!! Everyone who wants one will have to form a line and come up with three times GPA and pluck it down at your feet. All hail Black Panther!

It is at best a very minor key, but is currently selling for about the same money as FF 48.

I think that most of the buying right now is being done by pure speculators, and I think that many of the people piling into this book at these prices are going to lose big.

I'm missing the book in my FF run, but there is no way I'm going to be willing to pay anywhere near what I paid for my FF48 to get this book. At these prices, I'd sell the FF52's as fast as I could.

Is he any more or less significant than Hawkeye, The Black Widow or Rocket Racoon? lol

To write the Panther in 1963 was incredibly far-sighted of Marvel, and I agree with Valliant, many Panther stories have been very, very good.

Win some, lose some, but I will almost guarantee you that the Panther will be in Avengers 3 and then in his own film.

2c

1966, which was pretty much towards the tail end of the civil rights movement

2c

1966, which was pretty much towards the tail end of the civil rights movement

Sorry - yes 1966, but still a big step for what was essentially escapist 'entertainment'

And he bought that one too.....wooooo hoooooooo Cornering the market!!! Everyone who wants one will have to form a line and come up with three times GPA and pluck it down at your feet. All hail Black Panther!

I know you're only trying to help by playing Devils advocate, but I think you might be on to something here.

Maybe having a big 'hoard' could be the way to go hm

How many do you think I should aim for?

Hiya Brock!

I'm sure we could work something out with my TOS #57...hit me up fella!

I just looked on GPA again - every grade from 4.5 - 9.0 have seen significant rises in the last 8 weeks, in some cases by $2-300 dollars.

All new GPA highs for each.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171124143499?afsrc=1

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=24706748

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310742186886?afsrc=1

are pretty interesting. Greg Reece's 9.2 seems to have gone as well.

PM me for a trade with what else you have besides the 6.5 buddy!

Hiya Brock!

I just looked on GPA again - every grade from 4.5 - 9.0 have seen significant rises in the last 8 weeks, in some cases by $2-300 dollars.

So tell me a little about T'Challa

Hiya Brock!

2 of the 3 links above are to the same book, the other has been re-listed a couple of times at that price.

What is all comes down to is that there is a big difference between an 'asking price' and a 'sale price'.

If someone lists their FF52 5.0 at $1,000 it doesn't mean that it is now the FMV, instead it probably just means that the seller is waiting for a naive sucker to come along and is no rush to sell.

The fact that you got $650 for your 7.0 is a great sale for you, but the fact that it is 30% higher than any previously recorded sale for the grade means its clearly not indicative of the market. Further to this, your buyer could have picked up several higher graded copies on the same day for less if they had of just looked around.

Fair call. I looked and there are only about 300 ish on the census (I think).

The movie does seem to be making a difference.

I sold a 7.0 for $630 2 days ago on these very boards.

Several ebay sellers have cancelled and relisted at $200 - $250 extra.

My only point is that in 2 years, the book has tripled and the movie news has only just broken.

Is another doubling in price before 2016 (movie release date) unthinkable?

I have a 9.4 FF #48 so I feel I can speak on the subject, and my thought is that an FF #52 at the same price and grade would not be unreasonable.

There is the whole Black Hero issue as well - Marvel was very brave with the Panther and so I feel that this book is destined to become a major key, and a must have for any serious collector.

Again, just my 2c.

Owing a copy doesn't mean you are qualified to determine the price of another book. Or even the book you own.

I think the run up is silly. No official announcement, and black panther is lame/too esoteric.

Additionally Galactus/Silver Surfer>>>>>>>>>>>>>Black panther. In terms of both popularity and their impact on the marvel mythos. So parity for the two books is unlikely to be achieved in my opinion. If it is achieved because of an official announcement and a hyperbolic run up in price it won't be maintained past the release of the movie.

Also while an African American character might have been very progressive for the times. I think this has very little impact on most buyers purchasing decision. Anecdotally I know I have never purchased a book because it was socially progressive nor have I ever heard it said that is why another collector bought a copy.

Also it is a very common book, cornering the market is going to be difficult without a major bankroll. I have often wondered if one hoards a book how do you book your profits without flooding the market destroying the price and thus destroying your profit?

It's all getting a bit too deep for what was a bit of fun on my part.

I have no intention of getting anymore copies.

If they go up, fine, if they go down, I will bail out.

If I can make a three figure profit on each book over the journey, then that's a nice deposit on a keeper.

All I'm interested in tbh - I must confess to egging a few chaps on, in the nicest possible way, but its getting debated a little too deeply now.

What will be, will be.

I'm off to the Birthday thread to offer my best wishes to people I will never meet, and who probably left the boards in 2004 lol

It's been a blast chaps! (thumbs u