• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sniping software for comic link, comic connect and heritage?

17 posts in this topic

Does it exist?

There's some good info in here. I was primarily interested in eBay, but a lot of people use snipe software for other sites. Some software is compatible with some sites, some isn't.

Do You Use Snipe Software When Bidding on eBay?

Looks like none of them support comic link any more :(

Gavelsnipe did for about a week and then they were told by Clink to cease and desist and they complied, A shame really as I would have used it to bid a lot more, seeing as all their auctions end at 4AM my time. I used to subscribe to the "bid your max beforehand and just let it ride, if you don't win it then you didn't bid enough" but after having won a lot of stuff at exactly my max price I'd rather not show my hand any more.

They should all just go to silent auctions and not show a current bid. Just wait until the time is up, and the high bidder pays one increment above the second highest bidder's bid.

I know, it doesn't encourage overbidding, which is where the fun (and the profit) comes in.

I don't see how you could snipe a Comic Connect auction.

When there is less than three minutes left, a new bid bumps the time back to three minutes.

+1

Not a fan of the way Connect does their auctions. When the time ends, the auction should end.

True I forgot about that.

Gavelsnipe did for about a week and then they were told by Clink to cease and desist and they complied, A shame really as I would have used it to bid a lot more, seeing as all their auctions end at 4AM my time. I used to subscribe to the "bid your max beforehand and just let it ride, if you don't win it then you didn't bid enough" but after having won a lot of stuff at exactly my max price I'd rather not show my hand any more.

+1 I was so angry and disappointed when Clink did this. I would also bid on alot more if you could snipe on their site. I hear around 2050 they will have updated the site to today's standards. :insane:

+1 I was so angry and disappointed when Clink did this. I would also bid on alot more if you could snipe on their site. I hear around 2050 they will have updated the site to today's standards. :insane:

I wonder if ComicLink is costing their consignors money by nixing Gavelsnipe? C-link auctions usually span a number of days and some people don't always have time to sit at the computer screen and enter last minute bids. I know you could just enter your bids and let it ride, but that's usually not the best way to win the books you're after.

I know if I could use a sniping service, I'd bid more often. (Hint, hint. But I won't hold my breath.)

I'm okay with platforms like C-link and Comic Connect not having automated snipes.

Because Comiclink doesn't report to GPA, you know that the dealers and speculators will never bid over GPA on an item--so if you truly want it, you generally know what you'll need to pay to get it.

And with Comic Connect and Heritage Live, it's like being at an in-person auction, where you definitely can't snipe because there's time given between bids.

True auctions can't be sniped by a computer because everyone in the room is aware of the highest bid and has a chance to match or exceed it in real time.

Because Comiclink doesn't report to GPA, you know that the dealers and speculators will never bid over GPA on an item--

So not true...and I can speak from personal experience

dittio in the last three auctions I have been blown out of the water by sometimes double GPA bids.

Also what about that XM 131 9.8 that sold for 1.3k :insane: