• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Least favourite mini-series run from Copper Age?

41 posts in this topic

I'd have to say that whole Millenium series, with all those crossovers... that drove me mad... as when it crossed over into the series I was collecting... trying to find the issues i needed became almost impossible.

I'd go with Kitty and Wolverine for Marvel,but DC had some real stinkers. Electric Warrior,Thriller and Sonic Disruptors(a mini series so bad they canceled it mid-stream) were just a few of them.

Of course,all of the above were masterworks compared to such drivel as Reagans Raiders and GI Jackrabbits.

Millenium, agreed. Steve Englehart used to be one of my favorite writers too.

Oh, and War of the Gods. George Perez used to be one of my favorite artists too.

And Genesis. John Byrne.... 893blahblah.gif

Genesis wasn't too bad. It was just a convoluted way to introduce the new Justice League.

Believe you're thinking of "Legends." Genesis came later (but maybe now its "post-Copper Age" tongue.gif)

Millenium was the first big event after I had sold my store. I remember coming back from a vacation and picking up a box with all the crossovers in the proper sequence.

Sat on the patio,read about a third of it and threw the rest in the garbage.

Post-Crisis DC was as bad as the drek they pushed out in the 70s. no Superboy,no Mon-el,no JSA,no nothing. It took me several years before I'd read many DCs after that. Still can't make sense out of the "new" Legions history.

I'd go with Kitty and Wolverine for Marvel,but DC had some real stinkers. Electric Warrior,Thriller and Sonic Disruptors(a mini series so bad they canceled it mid-stream) were just a few of them.

Of course,all of the above were masterworks compared to such drivel as Reagans Raiders and GI Jackrabbits.

speaking of electric warrior... i have about 10 of them... i use them at the beginning and end of my long boxes... as i notice sometimes comics in those positions get damaged... so they have a use!

Genesis wasn't too bad. It was just a convoluted way to introduce the new Justice League.

Believe you're thinking of "Legends." Genesis came later (but maybe now its "post-Copper Age" tongue.gif)

Oops, my bad. I think I saw a cover for Genesis.. what was the plot?

Something about the Fourth World gods being the seeds for the Greek gods, and then a subsequent god-wave starts to create havoc, and it's very important because, um, sleeping.gifsleeping.gif

I'll have to re-read my Thrillers. I remember liking them at the time, but maybe I was young and gullible.

DC: Millenium (ugh)

Marvel: Kitty Pride and Wolverine (double ugh.. cuz I bought the whole damn thing!)

lol yeah, back when it was still possible to be an X-completist, one had to ask "Do I leave a hole, or help pay Al Milgrom to draw with a pencil in his butt?" What freaking cr*p he produced in the 80s, after inking some beautiful Jim Starlin stuff in the 70s.

Of course I paid. foreheadslap.gif