• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead 1

17 posts in this topic

Beautiful book you have up there.

I checked out your eBay Selling account. 100% positive feedback.

However, I see you have a 4.4 DSR rating in your "Shipping time" category.

DSR_zps207e6e41.jpg

You should strive to get this particular category score up as soon as possible.

If you weren't aware, eBay purged approximately 15,000 Sellers last month early August.

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y13/m08/i12/s01

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2013/8/1376274606.html

eBay is using it's Guardrail Program (aka Quick Decline Program) to target Sellers with less than satisfactory DSR scores.

Here's a real informative video on this subject:

You have really outstanding feedback and your other 3 DSR categories are all 5*.

Just wanted to alert you that the 4.4 DSR you have in "Shipping time" may put you on eBay's radar.

Best of luck with the auction! t0364.gif

1150 SHIPPED Anyone?

Quick question. I presume you've researched the market for this particular issue (Walking Dead #1.)

Do you sense there is a decline in demand for this particular comic book?

Many of the people buying Walking Dead are now speculators. Although there are a lot of readers, the speculators are normally the ones pumping up the value. Almost every time I have seen a TV series become a high target for speculation, that series hits a peak and the values will start to decline.

This decline can be rather fast. Some of the Valiant comic series from the 90's that had low print runs went from being worth $2 to over a hundred dollars. Today some of the same books can be found in some dollar bins.

Although I would not expect as big as a crash for the Walking Dead comics, they are not immune to the possibility of dropping in price as soon as people start to loose interest in the series.

Just wondering what your "gut feeling" is on this.

Again, I hope you achieve your target price. ccf3f49c75ca9c6af9dac2e377cdc6bc.gif

The book isnt priced out of line here and offers are being entertained. Thats my gut feeling.

Wasn't asking if price was out of line.

Was asking if there's a sense (e.g., "gut feeling") that the decline in demand and/or value for this particular book has started.

BTW, at the time of this post 4 offers were entertained on eBay by the OP and all declined (so far.)

True dat.

That book went in "auction format" with a starting bid of $999.99 and the OP is using "BIN or best offer."

Think that makes a difference? hm

Good news at time of this post, the book has 5 "watchers." Maybe one of them will snag it.

So your reserve is $1250ish? Just letting you know a lot of people don't like bidding on reserved auctions. As you can see from the post iceman put, the 9.6 auction ended at $1300ish. Don't know if it had a reserve on it but still a good auction price on that book. I hope your book sells man!! (thumb u :wishluck:

edit: P.S. If you can hold out till maybe after the first or second week after the 4th season of WD starts, then you might be able to sell it for more.

Changing it up, figuring people are more likely to bid and watch it if i start it a .99Cents..lets see what happens! Bid on :)

I see your new auction listing on this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-1-CGC-9-6-/251343181728?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a853897a0

What's the "reserve price" on this bad boy?

Again, best of luck. It'll be interesting to see where the final price ends up on this.