• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

:gossip:

btw I liked Lone Ranger with Depp.

For me not to like a super hero movie it must really suck.

Calling Fantastic Four reboot! :preach:

I'd like to see a director's cut of FF. There's no way the same guy behind Kick- and Kingsmen would make a castle like FF.

How do 17% of people give Man of Steel 1/10.

Ridiculous score!

17% of people are basically saying Man of Steel was as bad as The Spirit.

I liked the Spirit.

This score is more deserving of Shaquille O'Neal playing Batman, Nick Cage as Superman and Jesse Eisenberg playing Lex Luthor. Oh wait, Jesse is playing Lex.... hm

I'd like to see a director's cut of FF. There's no way the same guy behind Kick- and Kingsmen would make a castle like FF.

Mark Millar?

Zack Snyder is a great visual director but he is a terrible story teller. All flash, no substance. Poor reviews come as no surprise

300 and Watchmen were good movies.

Zack Snyder is a great visual director but he is a terrible story teller. All flash, no substance. Poor reviews come as no surprise

300 and Watchmen were good movies.

Yeah, but like I said before, those books are cinematic to begin with. Just put the panels on screen. The storytelling was already done for him.

An interesting summary of what worked and didn't work for this reviewer.

But I am warning you right now. He calls out a HUGE event that happens near the end of the movie that I didn't read anywhere previously. And now - unfortunately - I know beforehand. So just saying...

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS - BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE - 6 Things It Got Right And 4 Things It Got Wrong

It may not be perfect and there's definitely some stuff in there which is likely to upset some fans, but Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is a great movie. The fact that it only seems to be getting negative reviews because it's not as "fun" as what Marvel brings to the table is baffling to me, especially as the Zack Snyder helmed release actually feels like a refreshing change of pace compared to their movies.

So, in lieu of a traditional review, I've decided to take a look at the things in the movie which did and did not work. As you may have noticed, I liked it so much that I could only find four bad points, and if I'm being honest, that was tough to do! Still, it's not perfect, but shouldn't be judged on a picture of a tomato. See it this Friday and decide for yourselves, but for now, here are my in-depth thoughts.

Well Friday night I am watching Man of Steel, followed by BvS on Saturday. I will reserve judgement till then.

I'll be seeing BvS in the theatre as well. Probably not this weekend though. I do hope it is good. :wishluck:

An interesting summary of what worked and didn't work for this reviewer.

But I am warning you right now. He calls out a HUGE event that happens near the end of the movie that I didn't read anywhere previously. And now - unfortunately - I know beforehand. So just saying...

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS - BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE - 6 Things It Got Right And 4 Things It Got Wrong

It may not be perfect and there's definitely some stuff in there which is likely to upset some fans, but Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is a great movie. The fact that it only seems to be getting negative reviews because it's not as "fun" as what Marvel brings to the table is baffling to me, especially as the Zack Snyder helmed release actually feels like a refreshing change of pace compared to their movies.

So, in lieu of a traditional review, I've decided to take a look at the things in the movie which did and did not work. As you may have noticed, I liked it so much that I could only find four bad points, and if I'm being honest, that was tough to do! Still, it's not perfect, but shouldn't be judged on a picture of a tomato. See it this Friday and decide for yourselves, but for now, here are my in-depth thoughts.

i saw this but didn't want to read it until i saw the movie tomorrow.

It won't change my excitement to see the film. It does leave me waiting for that moment now, and not telling my friends I am attending the film with.

:(

It won't change my excitement to see the film. It does leave me waiting for that moment now, and not telling my friends I am attending the film with.

Yeah, I wish I hadn't read it (but I almost always read spoilers). Can't believe they'd make Lois and Lex lovers.

Is this movie paving the way for Superboy and Steel (John Henry Irons)?

Just read that spoiler....didn't think they'd go that far with the storyline....but I guess if Doomsday is on the plate....everything that happens as a result of Doomsday is also potentially possible.

I like Travers but that guy almost never reviews anything negatively.

Also, regarding people who already decided not to like it giving it negative reviews, I'm sorry that's not what I've seen happen. A lot of people who seemed genuinely pumped about this movie came away thinking it was kind of middleground, and for Campea, who did give it a mostly positive review, this was like the movie he wanted to see most and he thought the 1st trailer was the best trailer of last year - that's a guy who really wanted to love this movie and did not, and most of Collider Video seems to fall into that category. Places where comic book films are popular like people on Filmcast or even someone like Faraci have really come down hard on this movie - forget middle ground. Also Campea seemed to not like Gadot in this movie, one of the big reasons I want to see it, along with the other JL members intros.

For the most part people seem middle road on this movie, and I think most opinion was not that this movie is terrible but that this movie needed to be more than just kind of alright for DC/WB.

I will say that yes, many people don't view Snyder as a proven commodity, and while I've enjoyed some of his films, I think they are all hardly ideal films in terms of proving there is a great storyteller there. There are things he does that seem almost right, almost perfect, but just miss something - kind of like that great shot of Clark in Man of Steel as a kid with cape, wonderful shot, wonderful moment, but didn't make a lot of sense it was him - if it was another kid because of Superman later, it would have been magical. I don't really keep track if Snyder has a usual braintrust of people in his crew but this is a guy that could use a top flight editor and listen to him - I'm unsure who has final cut here, though I suspect the studio does given the nature of the franchises involved.

In the same respect I enjoy some Michael Bay films too (The Rock and Bad Boys) but that guy has a lot of storytelling problems, though he is pretty next level visually.

Ticket for me will be to see the rest of the JLA on screen and Affleck as Batman.

The guy who directed FF didn't have anything to do with Kingsmen or Kick-,

Yeah, I wish I hadn't read it (but I almost always read spoilers). Can't believe they'd make Lois and Lex lovers.

i'm happy i haven'tead anything about it

But with the horse heads on??!!

WSOKKql.gif

Leaked footage.

:ohnoez:

I know you warned of a big spoiler but I read it anyways. WTF!!! Should they really be posting THAT much information on a movie that hasn't yet been released to the public?!?!?! This is like telling everbody Andy Dufresne escapes Shawshank!!!