• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

dang, down to 30 on rt. but the good news: still has a few points on my big fat greek wedding 2 [25%].

Reviews are what they are at this point - this isn't the type of movie critics will like let alone enjoy. If you're a comic fan you'll probably be entertained for a large portion of it but it's still a Zack Snyder movie so go in with that expectation and I think you'll have a good time.

Can you clarify this? Because Critics LOVE (I'd say overly love) the Nolan films and like many of the Marvel films, and Deadpool.

dang, down to 30 on rt. but the good news: still has a few points on my big fat greek wedding 2 [25%].

Reviews are what they are at this point - this isn't the type of movie critics will like let alone enjoy. If you're a comic fan you'll probably be entertained for a large portion of it but it's still a Zack Snyder movie so go in with that expectation and I think you'll have a good time.

Can you clarify this? Because Critics LOVE (I'd say overly love) the Nolan films and like many of the Marvel films, and Deadpool.

yeah, i didn't get the post either. not a single marvel universe flick has received a rotten [sub-60%] score, even the weaker entries like thor 2, norton's hulk or im 2, and among the many x-men iterations from fox, i think only origins and x-3 have been poorly reviewed. critics have no problem with s/h movies generically, but they do have a problem with bad ones,

A Zack Snyder led movie is a far cry from the comic movies you mentioned - he has his own distinctive style which you could say focuses mainly on visuals without much development of plot or characters. A lot of the same old this go around.

Some reviews I have read said that Batman actually kills and shoots the bad guys? Is that true? have we crossed that line? Can someone that's seen it elaborate on this?

Yes. This isn't a Batman from any of the other movies. It's a different Batman. This one has had enough of bad guys who try to kill him. They're like weeds. Kill 'em all. More pop up. Kill those.

Self-defense is a valid argument, if you need one.

yeah, i didn't get the post either. not a single marvel universe flick has received a rotten [sub-60%] score, even the weaker entries like thor 2, norton's hulk or im 2, and among the many x-men iterations from fox, i think only origins and x-3 have been poorly reviewed. critics have no problem with s/h movies generically, but they do have a problem with bad ones,

They have a problem with dark movies that they WANT to be light.

They can handle dark movies that they want to be dark (which have Dark in the title).

They can handle light movies that are light (which have Marvel in the credits).

They can't handle dark movies that they want to be light.

Some reviews I have read said that Batman actually kills and shoots the bad guys? Is that true? have we crossed that line? Can someone that's seen it elaborate on this?

Yes. This isn't a Batman from any of the other movies. It's a different Batman. This one has had enough of bad guys who try to kill him. They're like weeds. Kill 'em all. More pop up. Kill those.

That's a disappointment and totally unnecessary

The film's editing was terrible. Film is too dark and characters are too hard to see. Lex Luthor was terrible and had no real motivation. Warner needs to get other directors and writers involved, can't have Zack Synder and David S Goyer write and direct everything. I liked it more than Avengers 2 which was over stuffed. Back to BvS, Superman needs to lighten up a little, enough with the stare downs and I don't like Amy Adams as Lois Lane.

Wonder Woman pretty much saved this movie from being a flat out disappointment. She was very exciting to watch her fight. Nolan's Dark Knight movies worked so well cause he has a 400+ IQ in film making.

I know Justice League won't be as dark as BvS which is a good thing. Hopefully Synder can get back to glory days when he made 300 and The Watchmen with The Justice League.

Hopefully Synder can get back to glory days when he made 300 and The Watchmen with The Justice League.

You mean, back to the days when half of the critics hated his movies... instead of two-thirds? lol

To be fair, the using a gun/shooting happened during a DREAM sequence (don't get me started on the sequence) that happened in a dystopian future where superman is like an emperor and has destroyed much of the earth.

However he is a much more aggressive Batman.

Hopefully Synder can get back to glory days when he made 300 and The Watchmen with The Justice League.

You mean, back to the days when half of the critics hated his movies... instead of two-thirds? lol

Not much glory in those glory days. His movies are disappointments.

Not much glory in those glory days. His movies are disappointments.

Just goes to show when you stick to the source material you get a much better result.

No kidding. If you sign up Zack Snyder as director of a movie, count on at least half the critics have already typed up a negative review before even a cell of film has been shot. With details how much they hate the lighting and scenery.

It may even be a 'Snyder template' they save.

:ohnoez:

To be fair, the using a gun/shooting happened during a DREAM sequence (don't get me started on the sequence) that happened in a dystopian future where superman is like an emperor and has destroyed much of the earth.

However he is a much more aggressive Batman.

Crushed-bad-guy-head-and-neck-into-the-floor (it-is-in-the-trailer-so-it-is-not-a-spoiler) happens outside of a dream sequence. lol

Plus...

There's no reason Batman should expect that flame-thrower-boy would survive.

I think his style fit Dawn of the Dead pretty well, a lifeless, joyless, dreary time.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Watchmen Director's Cut and 300. And with Man of Steel I think it is an 8.5/10 to a 9.0/10 for me.

I think his style fit Dawn of the Dead pretty well, a lifeless, joyless, dreary time.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Watchmen Director's Cut and 300. And with Man of Steel I think it is an 8.5/10 to a 9.0/10 for me.

i, too, like all 3.