• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Agree, they should just pay Chris Nolan ALL the money to do the two JL movies.
They really should give Bruce Timm a crack at DC live-action.

Maybe his track record of excellent JL/DCU storytelling choices would work for film too.

At least he'd have it storyboarded out for plot/pacing to squash potential suckage that doesn't quite work, no matter how cool it initially seemed on the written page.

I could get behind this

I think that second trailer (I think it's the 2nd one, whichever showed the Abomination) was a major misstep, especially when it's a movie like this where a ton of people are going to actually seek out and watch for trailers.

I think this movie is a several percentage points better if two points of this film were not revealed in that trailer.

I had a longer response and left it and my PC updated and rebooted and lost it, but I will just say I feel like what seems to be the consensus. I think the two biggest issues, minus if one simply doesn't like the general direction and tone DC seems to want to go in, are dialogue and editing. I think there might be a really good movie in all of the scenes here if cut in another way, and the dialogue is at times baffling but masked by a cast that's actually doing okay.

I'm, however, not disinterested in future DC movies. I'm all in on an Affleck directed Batman movie and I'm excited for Wonder Woman, and still pumped for Suicide Squad. That said, if Suicide Squad flops, there could be trouble.

I think when I watched this movie I easily could see some of what Hitfix was reporting, meaning executives seeing this movie and questioning it. It's not something you have to look deeply for to perceive, this movie is incredibly flawed rather abruptly.

Again, and I know some don't seem to like it, I'm all in on Batman and dream sequences. Given the nature of the way DC has gone (Superman is kind of joyless and killed Zod, Suicide is the choice for the next movie) and just accepting it, it makes total sense that Batman kills. It's kind of like that whole classic "how does Lois not recognize Superman" thing where if she doesn't, in this very real world/setting, she's too stupid for her job and character, and it kind of fits with Batman too, he's too smart to not kill the type of criminals he fights. It's the most efficient way and he's pretty awesome in this movie. Dug him and Irons.

I like Cavil too, I don't think this is a miscast movie, I just think the director just doesn't have a lot in the utility belt, he's (if it's him) is not great at cutting a movie, and the dialogue is just not good if you are going to present this ultra real world type of movie.

As mentioned before, I love Wonder Woman but I'm a little worried that she's my favorite thing given how little she's in it, relative to how long this movie is. It's kind of like Quicksilver being the best character in Future Past. She's gorgeous.

I had to check if this was Zimmer scoring this. It's kind of a hot mess.

I guess for me is that I just have to keep on telling myself that I have to accept the joyless DC Universe and then go from there and grade my enjoyment understanding that curve, it's so weird that Marvel is good at that superhero sheen that I attribute more to DC - and Disney is the perfect partner for that.

I'm excited for the Justice League, I'm one of those people who does get excited even with those brief glimpses. Sucker here.

I think my main concern is what this movie means for Superman because I'm always one of those people who says Batman is the real person and Bruce Wayne is the mask. But in the end here I have questions what this means for Superman an Kent, who I don't think are seperable in that way. It is the humanity of the alien that I think is such an important part of how I enjoy Superman.

As I mentioned from jump though. this movie is still going to make a ton of money regardless - I mean while Avenger 2 was not this critically disliked, I kind of thought that was at least not a great movie as well. Because of what it is and no competition looms. I think Zootopia will still be healthy though.

Wonder Woman though!

They really should give Bruce Timm a crack at DC live-action.

I think they could use Dini. Guy to me has written the best Batman stories ever and he gets the modern viewer still due to those Arkham games too.

Some reviews I have read said that Batman actually kills and shoots the bad guys? Is that true? have we crossed that line? Can someone that's seen it elaborate on this?

Yes. This isn't a Batman from any of the other movies. It's a different Batman. This one has had enough of bad guys who try to kill him. They're like weeds. Kill 'em all. More pop up. Kill those.

Self-defense is a valid argument, if you need one.

That's a disappointment and totally unnecessary

To be fair, the using a gun/shooting happened during a DREAM sequence (don't get me started on the sequence) that happened in a dystopian future where superman is like an emperor and has destroyed much of the earth.

However he is a much more aggressive Batman.

He never directly kills anyone outside of the dream sequence. and the one time he does shoot a gun its lifted straight out of the dark knight returns.. dialog and all so if you dont like that in the movie you didnt like it in what most say is the beset bat book of all time

I hated Dark Knight Returns. People have blinders on. It is terribly dated. Frank Millers art looks like mess and Batman is a in it. If you think Batman 89 suffers from dated 80's things well that story takes the cake dated 80s language and look. Upon further review I find the Watchmen comic even weaker than I originally thought. Everyone that I have talked to who likes comic stuff but doesn't actually collect have all said they liked the movie better than the comic and a lot had to do with that stupid alien bit.

The look on Ben's face...the music makes it all the better.

Just saw this on YT and knew it had to here. lol C'mon Ben. Lighten up.

I guess maybe I'll be able to afford that 9.4/9.6 Forever People after all. :headbang:

Wow...who would have thought that critically Affleck's Daredevil would best his Batman v. Superman by literally 50%.

:ohnoez:

To be fair to Affleck... Daredevil was Affleck.

Batman v Superman is Affleck, Cavill, Gadot, Eisenberg.

If you hate Eisenberg and give BvS a low rating, that's not Affleck's fault. (:

Personally, I think Holly Hunter needs to e-nun-ci-ate once in a while. But thankfully, the movie takes care of that. lol

Finally got out of work, and heading to see this movie. I don't even want to go back yet and read all that is posted as I think since this morning spoilers were showing up.

:wishluck:

:whee:

lol says the guy who posted 1,000 times in this thread every time someone involved in the production farted

Finally got out of work, and heading to see this movie. I don't even want to go back yet and read all that is posted as I think since this morning spoilers were showing up.

lol says the guy who posted 1,000 times in this thread every time someone involved in the production farted

lol

lol

SPOILERS

Not interviews. Not casting news. You may not appreciate it. But quite a few folks very much appreciate the posts in this area to track these things.

Have a deep swig of beer, and relax.

One last thought.....Ezra Miller looks like a total freak. What's up with the ponytail/man-bun thing? Who the hell thought that was going to fly visually?

It looked out of place for Barry Allen or Wally West or whoever he's supposed to be. The Flash isn't some hipster weirdo....he's pretty clean cut looking in every iteration.....he's someone we can look at and seriously believe IS the FLASH. I'm not sure what thought process went into making him THE cinematic Flash....but IMHO it's a huge, giant, fail. Grant Gustin may not be able to work on the big screen but he's a FAR BETTER match than what I've seen so far with Miller. They could have at least gotten Miller a haircut.....but instead they just phoned it in with his appearance.

Yep. I have to agree with you. When they showed Ezra Miller as Flash a few people were like WTF?

Really he seemed out of place. They should just go with Grant Gustin as he is much more believable.

ok just got back from my 2nd time watching the movie and going back tomorrow night for my 3rd. yes, i did really like the movie and i think the more i think about the more i'm starting to love it so much infomantion going on.

i love the fact that the DCU or like i call it DC Cinematic Multiverse is different enough from Marvel movies and trying different things that it makes it feel fresh.

I am glad you liked it. I think what happened was people had just saw Deadpool and were kind of shocked at the contrast in movies.

Based on current reviews on RT where the metre is more favourable at the beginning... this movie is not looking too good.

Seems to me some studios never get it right. They think they know what is best for people. I don't think it is too hard to find someone who group up reading these characters to put together an awesome -script with all the money they had at their disposal.