• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Seanfingh, here ya go.... :foryou:

According to a source in variety, DOJ needs to haul in $800 million to turn a profit,.

But that is not wholly the story.

The link below has a recap on the variety $800 with a link to the $800M Variety take on profit, in the third paragraph or so.

http://screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-worldwide-box-office-discussion/

Except for Luther, the problems with this movie have nothing to do with casting or acting.

Sad Affleck applauds you for that. :applause:

Maybe there should be a sad Jesse thread...

He did a good job. It isn't his fault -- presumably -- that the movie resembles a bottle of overturned india ink.

Just got back from watching. I thought it was good, not great. And the problems I had with the movie aren't the problems I was anticipating. I'd probably give it 6/10.

I love Cavill's Superman.

I actually really liked Affleck as Bats. Yeah, I know. Shocked the hell out of me too.

Wonder Woman was fantastic (echoing pretty much what everyone else has been saying).

I thought the last half of the movie was very good, approaching excellent.

The story was good, pretty much as expected.

About halfway through the movie I was about ready to throw in the towel and admit that it sucked...because at that point it was a hot, disjointed mess, in my opinion. Too many cuts and short scenes and confusion. I thought the first half was overall just not very good (at best). Was that the Flash in the early dream sequence? I couldn't tell and have no idea what he was saying to Bruce Wayne. mess like that bugs the hell out of me.

But then when they actually got into it, things picked up and by the end I was satisfied and I'm thinking that their next time out is going to be a lot better. Unless they are complete insufficiently_thoughtful_persons, they'll learn what not to do for the JLA and other solo movies. I think this movie might've been overly ambitious....and perhaps all that cut footage that will be on the uncut DVD will make the whole production feel a lot less fragmented.

And here I was thinking I was the only one that saw Wonder Woman's little grin after getting knocked on her . Best scene of the movie!

Just got back from watching. I thought it was good, not great. And the problems I had with the movie aren't the problems I was anticipating. I'd probably give it 6/10.

I love Cavill's Superman.

I actually really liked Affleck as Bats. Yeah, I know. Shocked the hell out of me too.

Wonder Woman was fantastic (echoing pretty much what everyone else has been saying).

I thought the last half of the movie was very good, approaching excellent.

The story was good, pretty much as expected.

About halfway through the movie I was about ready to throw in the towel and admit that it sucked...because at that point it was a hot, disjointed mess, in my opinion. Too many cuts and short scenes and confusion. I thought the first half was overall just not very good (at best). Was that the Flash in the early dream sequence? I couldn't tell and have no idea what he was saying to Bruce Wayne. mess like that bugs the hell out of me.

But then when they actually got into it, things picked up and by the end I was satisfied and I'm thinking that their next time out is going to be a lot better. Unless they are complete insufficiently_thoughtful_persons, they'll learn what not to do for the JLA and other solo movies. I think this movie might've been overly ambitious....and perhaps all that cut footage that will be on the uncut DVD will make the whole production feel a lot less fragmented.

And here I was thinking I was the only one that saw Wonder Woman's little grin after getting knocked on her . Best scene of the movie!

My favorite scene in the movie. She was fantastic.

And I loved the music that played during her reveal, it was similar to the music from 300.

Saw it last night and really enjoyed it. Was glued to the screen for the entire 2 1/2 hours. I feel if they didn't show a lot of the best scenes in the trailers it would have made the movie a lot better. I couldn't believe they...

actually killed Superman! Ugh. With his returns, seems like a lot to fit into a Justice League movie, but what do I know.

Really enjoyed Bats, Sups, and Wondie. Lex was too crazyish-Jokeresque? for my taste. I really like the audio during the movie for the most part, especially the drums when they intro'd Wonder Woman! :headbang::headbang:

My favorite scene in the movie. She was fantastic.

And I loved the music that played during her reveal, it was similar to the music from 300.

Both only added to her appearance and portrayal. When she smiled, people at my theater cheered.

:whee:

Just got back from the movie with my wife and son (13).

I'd rate it a 6 or 7 out of 10.

My son said a solid 7 out of 10.

My wife (who isn't a comic geek like my son and I) said 4 out of 10.

The main complaint she had was the first half of the movie was boring and confusing as all get out.

We all thought that the primary actors (minus Eisenberg) were good. We all agreed that Lex (as portrayed in this movie) was the weakest link.

I didn't particularly care for Batman's dream within a dream sequence.

Why would he be dreaming about Darkseid and Parademons. Does he suddenly have a "cosmic awareness" for a power? And then the whole part with the guy coming back saying Lois is the key, I could barely understand what was being said and I had no clue who that was supposed to be until I got home and googled it."

Having said that I have already pre-ordered the Ultimate Cut in the hopes that the additional 30 minutes of footage will fill in some of the movie and maybe make the first half seem no so disjointed.

Apparently the smile was a Gadot addition, not scripted. I can't recall where I heard that and thus can't say that's 100% true but I heard that, and it's random enough for me to believe it's true.

I do want to reiterate this though, because while I know we are all praising her, and that seems to be the consensus as well with critics and viewers, it's GIGANTIC IMHO that Wonder Woman is set and ready to go, and people like her.

Marvel has not cracked that code of a female protagonist starring in her film and they have a bunch of movies out. Sure, they have Jessica Jones and Agent Carter, and Mockingbird is SO SO fine, but DC threw out what Marvel doesn't have a natural trump for even though they have one of the biggest female actresses in the biz in ScarJo in their stable.

I think it's way bigger than even our praises are saying, that Wonder Woman is here, she works, she's gorgeous, and she totally feels in place - a true Trinity.

She's so dope. She totally works and she is a potential franchise that looks realized.

Having said that I have already pre-ordered the Ultimate Cut in the hopes that the additional 30 minutes of footage will fill in some of the movie and maybe make the first half seem no so disjointed.

Yeah, has anybody announced that the Blu Ray will be released on July 16, 2016 with both a PG-13 and R rating versions?

Yeah, has anybody announced that the Blu Ray will be released on July 16, 2016 with both a PG-13 and R rating versions?

The one I ordered from Amazon has both directors cut and theatrical cut.

It would be interesting to have a one-disc version similar to the X-Men : Days of Future Past Rogue Cut, which could be watched either as the cinema release or with the additional scenes seamlessly integrated.