• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Zack Snyder on Watchmen, Man of Steel and Deadpool.

t's interesting. When I had my initial meeting with Chris Nolan about doing "Man of Steel," he said to me, "'Watchmen' is a movie you made too early." Because that movie was written deep into comic-book culture, as a way of exploring the why of heroes within pop culture. "Deadpool" shows that audiences have now gotten to the point where they can understand the satire of the genre. Before that, audiences were like, "I'm not ready for that. I'm not there yet."

+100

‘Batman v Superman’ Advance Ticket Sales Pacing Ahead Of ‘Deadpool’, ‘Avengers’ & ‘Furious 7’

Latest word on advance ticket sales for Warner Bros’ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice per various sources is that they’re outstripping 20th Century Fox’s Deadpool (opening weekend $132.4M), The Avengers ($207.4M) and Universal’s Furious 7 ($147.1M) two weeks prior to their stateside releases.

One non-Warner Bros analyst has the figure between $20M-$25M, which isn’t that far from where The Dark Knight Rises’ advance ticket sales were before it debuted to $160.9M. Anything above a $152M three-day would make Zack Snyder’s Dark Knight/Son of Jor-temp-03714.dngEl fusion the biggest pre-summer opening. Besting Furious 7, would make BvS, the biggest Easter and April debut of all time. Last we checked, the global bow is between $300M-$340M, and stateside could reach $140M. BsS will play in 4DX, 3D, PLF and Imax, the latter for three weeks.

Anybody buying this? Because I'm not.

Why not? Batman is the biggest comic book character, then you add Superman and introduce Wonder Woman in the same flick. It should be a big opening.

FWIW, I am surprised the female audience for opening weekend is so low. I expected it to be higher due to Wonder Woman.

For anyone that was planning on expanding their DC movie library, and was waiting for the right time...

They have released a Batman v Superman movie stand at Target and other stores where all the Batman and Superman, along with Watchmen, V For Vendetta and other movies have a tag on the outside of the packaging. You can use this for discounted movie tickets.

My discount label is good for $8 off one ticket. So they definitely are a savings on something I purchased for $9.99 plus tax.

Why not? Batman is the biggest comic book character, then you add Superman and introduce Wonder Woman in the same flick. It should be a big opening.

FWIW, I am surprised the female audience for opening weekend is so low. I expected it to be higher due to Wonder Woman.

+ 1

There is no surprise to the excitement and purchasing of tickets in advance.

+ 1

Did you know ANYONE who was excited about this movie before the last trailer?

Do you realize how big Fast & Furious is / was? Major trilogoy ON TOP of one of the last appearances before his death of one of the lead actors who was also well known. Furious 7 did over $1 BILLION at the box office.

More than Deadpool? OK, he was not a major character live Avengers or Superman in mainstream before the movie.

More than Avengers? It could be argued that the first Avengers movie was the second big leap for comic book movies. The first being Iron Man. The sequel had high expectations.

+ 1

Do you realize how big Fast & Furious is / was? Major trilogoy ON TOP of one of the last appearances before his death of one of the lead actors who was also well known. Furious 7 did over $1 BILLION at the box office.

More than Deadpool? OK, he was not a major character live Avengers or Superman in mainstream before the movie.

More than Avengers? It could be argued that the first Avengers movie was the second big leap for comic book movies. The first being Iron Man. The sequel had high expectations.

Most of the non-comic collecting people I know are excited for BvS but not at all for Captain America Civil War. I have talked with comic collectors at shows the past 3 weekends and they are all saying the same thing - Deadpool surprised them and they are looking forward to the sequel, they are excited for BvS (with some buying two shows already) and subsequent DC movies, but they are starting to get tired with the Marvel movies. They all mentioned how AoU was a big disappointment as well........

Edited by kimik

I've had people at work asking me about Batman v Superman for about four months now. One of the more common questions are 'why would they even fight' and 'when does this movie come out'.

So yes. There has definitely been excitement over this movie for a while now. Why would you think otherwise?

‘Batman v Superman’ Advance Ticket Sales Pacing Ahead Of ‘Deadpool’, ‘Avengers’ & ‘Furious 7’

Latest word on advance ticket sales for Warner Bros’ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice per various sources is that they’re outstripping 20th Century Fox’s Deadpool (opening weekend $132.4M), The Avengers ($207.4M) and Universal’s Furious 7 ($147.1M) two weeks prior to their stateside releases.

One non-Warner Bros analyst has the figure between $20M-$25M, which isn’t that far from where The Dark Knight Rises’ advance ticket sales were before it debuted to $160.9M. Anything above a $152M three-day would make Zack Snyder’s Dark Knight/Son of Jor-temp-03714.dngEl fusion the biggest pre-summer opening. Besting Furious 7, would make BvS, the biggest Easter and April debut of all time. Last we checked, the global bow is between $300M-$340M, and stateside could reach $140M. BsS will play in 4DX, 3D, PLF and Imax, the latter for three weeks.

4DX??? Is that like kryptonite radiates out and weakens the audience? Or Aquaman splashes us with water? Or we feel the breeze of the flash bolting past us? Maybe I am excited for this movie...

I've had people at work asking me about Batman v Superman for about four months now. One of the more common questions are 'why would they even fight' and 'when does this movie come out'.

So yes. There has definitely been excitement over this movie for a while now. Why would you think otherwise?

Because everyone that I know that likes comics has said it looked horrible since the original "Do you bleed?" trailer.

Friends that are not into comics don't talk about it.

Because everyone that I know that likes comics has said it looked horrible since the original "Do you bleed?" trailer.

(shrug)

Others are having a difference experience with interest in this movie. No matter what, in a little over a week we will know the real results.

(shrug)

Others are having a difference experience with interest in this movie. No matter what, in a little over a week we will know the real results.

Not to me. What I was saying is that I think WB is artificially pumping the numbers. We we never know the truth except how it does worldwide compared to other movies historically. This is reporting that it will be on pace to be the number 6 or better movie of all time.

I am going go with it because of Batman!

Batman is huge with millennials!

I can see your reservations,but Batman is still considered cool like Deadpool.

If it was Superman or Wonder Woman by themselves I would agree about so so box office,but Batman will make it break the records!

For anyone that was planning on expanding their DC movie library, and was waiting for the right time...

They have released a Batman v Superman movie stand at Target and other stores where all the Batman and Superman, along with Watchmen, V For Vendetta and other movies have a tag on the outside of the packaging. You can use this for discounted movie tickets.

My discount label is good for $8 off one ticket. So they definitely are a savings on something I purchased for $9.99 plus tax.

By the way, one of the DVD sets including the Batman v Superman ticket coupon is Wonder Woman Season One from the original series. It's an $8 coupon.

It’s time to give props to our DC All Access team! Tiffany and Jason are back with an all new episode about…well, props! Batman v Superman prop master Doug Harlocker drops by to give them an exclusive look at Batman’s latest gadgets. Plus, we round up some of this week’s noteworthy new releases before wrapping up by giving a lucky fan the chance to win an amazing Batman ’66 Batcave LEGO set!

... this has been my experience as well...... I'm excited to see it....... almost as much as Tarzan..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u