• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Grace Randolph, a Youtube movie and TV show commentator, was not a fan of the BvS second trailer. She even had concerns about the movie before and after Drew McWeeny's comments from Hitfix.

2v4KPVa.jpg

I guess she's okay with the movie now.

(:

It's really great when even the actors are getting excited about characters in the movie.

Henry Cavill Geeked Out When He Saw Batman On The Dawn Of Justice Set

Superman himself, Henry Cavill, geeked out on the film’s set when he first saw Batman in all of his Dark Knight glory.

“I have trouble not geeking out,” Cavill told Variety, “and I was geeking out so much - trying to be cool at the same time, obviously – that I forgot that I was dressed in the Superman costume. I was like, ‘Oh, that’s Batman over there, that’s so awesome!’ Then, of course, I looked at the monitor, and I remembered that I was the guy next to him.”

:whee:

Special guest at the premiere?

CeC7C2tVAAAV3Mp.jpg

Frank Miller looks like he is almost 90.

He must have been really sick with something serious that he is battling.

So my co-worker's cousin is engaged to Dan DiDio (DC Comics' co-publisher). So she got to attend the premiere last night. Pictures o-plenty with all the casts that attended from BvS, Gotham and other Warner shows. What a cool experience that must have been.

And yes - she thought the movie was incredible.

Looks like our compadres in the UK will get a chance to meet Zack Snyder.

Meet Zack Snyder At Forbidden Planet

For those of you in London, you would be pleased to know Zack Snyder will be visiting the Forbidden Planet Megastore in Holborn. The event is listed from 6pm onwards on Wednesday 23rd March.

For more details

Did you know ANYONE who was excited about this movie before the last trailer?

Do you realize how big Fast & Furious is / was? Major trilogoy ON TOP of one of the last appearances before his death of one of the lead actors who was also well known. Furious 7 did over $1 BILLION at the box office.

More than Deadpool? OK, he was not a major character live Avengers or Superman in mainstream before the movie.

More than Avengers? It could be argued that the first Avengers movie was the second big leap for comic book movies. The first being Iron Man. The sequel had high expectations.

I've had people at work asking me about Batman v Superman for about four months now. One of the more common questions are 'why would they even fight' and 'when does this movie come out'.

So yes. There has definitely been excitement over this movie for a while now. Why would you think otherwise?

... this has been my experience as well...... I'm excited to see it....... almost as much as Tarzan..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Jimbo - you never let me down. I didn't even know there was yet another Tarzan flick coming this summer. So I just googled the trailer and am way excited by what i see.

The benchmark for me is Greystoke which begged for a sequel and this almost feels like it... :applause:

I'm also stoked to see this BvS thing - taking a step daughter to see it once the furor has died down...

Al Roker: 'Spectacular' 'Batman v Superman' gets a 6 out 5

It's a special edition of The Take: Not only are Tamron Hall, Al Roker and Dylan Dreyer on hand, but so are Kathie Lee and Hoda, live-tweeting to celebrate Twitter's 10th birthday. Al's extra excited this morning after an advance screening of "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice." He says, "Out of 5, it's a 6." He singles out Ben Affleck for special praise, saying he's a great Bruce Wayne as well as a terrific Batman.

Dang auto-play videos.

Roker's summary of the movie

Batman V. Superman Targeting $350 Million Worldwide Opening

The most recent estimated global total is $350 million on 35,000 screens. If the figure is correct, Batman v. Superman would be the second best Easter weekend debut, behind only last year's Furious 7 which hauled in $397.7 million. It was also the fourth best opening of all-time.

That same review has been passed around to a few sites today, likes sharks to the blood. It's like they wanted to find the first big negative from someone that saw the movie.

Nutty!

But if you read it, he seems to be basing his review on the trailers. lol

Certain aspects of what we’ve seen look amazing, don’t get me wrong. But the Jessie Eisenberg as Lex Luthor voiceovers, the limited back and forth between Bats and Supes and other odds and ends feel just a little bit off. I suspect what we get here is 65% a good movie and 35% a "what could have been" scenario. Again, I hope I’m wrong because I’ve been jones-ing for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice for a while, and really want it to be good. But enough of the stilted dialogue, possibly cheesy CGI and other uh-ohs have me thinking this could even finish below the halfway mark. Here’s to hoping I’m way off base.