• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I finally Saw Star Trek Into Darkness...

75 posts in this topic

Just watched it myself and thoroughly enjoyed it. The case is only signed on for one more film, so I am curious to see what they do next and after that.

I would presume that after the third one comes out that if successful and they cannot bring back the cast that they may flash forward to a ST:TNG crew with new actors in this timeline.

I'm a TOS fan, and I loved this movie. And the first of this series. And TNG, and Voyager, and DS9, and Enterprise. All things Star Trek in fact.

As a TOS fan you should have never given up your captain's chair. (tsk)

Really enjoyed it. :cloud9: It's a different timeline, different universe, so how can it harm the "original"? (shrug)

I took both as "intro" tales, 'pre-five-year-mission' foundation-laying, and a hell of a lot of fun.

If nothing else, both are a gazillion times better than that '79 "Veger" big screen paint-drying plot.

You have to really be a fan of the franchise to truly appreciate where you are coming from when it comes to being okay with timeline differences.

I have TOS 1-3, all of the NG series, and a mix of the movies (Wrath of Khan, Undiscovered Country, Generations, Nemesis). The first JJ Abrams movie was a fantastic relaunch. Into Darkness was more about action and adventure, and less about continuing to build further backstory. That's it's only weakness. The new Khan was fantastic.

Really enjoyed it. :cloud9: It's a different timeline, different universe, so how can it harm the "original"? (shrug)

I took both as "intro" tales, 'pre-five-year-mission' foundation-laying, and a hell of a lot of fun.

If nothing else, both are a gazillion times better than that '79 "Veger" big screen paint-drying plot.

I don't think it really harms the original per se. It's just so far off center from TOS, I would've preferred they just did something entirely new, as opposed to just sliding in new personalities / motivations to already existing characters.

The first time I saw the new movie, I had issues that the only reason the new timeline occurred is because Spock screwed up his timetable. The second time I saw it, I was over it.

I loved Into Darkness. Most of the personalities were patterned after the originals. They modernized, but they didn't change for the sake of changing, like the Marvel movies have been doing. They didn't even touch the battleaxes, which would've been easy to modify.

James Bond, on the other hand... now that's pizzing on the originals.

The first time I saw the new movie, I had issues that the only reason the new timeline occurred is because Spock screwed up his timetable. The second time I saw it, I was over it.

I loved Into Darkness. Most of the personalities were patterned after the originals. They modernized, but they didn't change for the sake of changing, like the Marvel movies have been doing. They didn't even touch the battleaxes, which would've been easy to modify.

Which JB?

Connery?

Lazenby?

Niven?

Nelson?

Moore?

Dalton?

Brosnan?

Craig?

I liked the Klingon appearance. An interesting design for the forehead. And I had no idea the old Spock was in the second movie.

I'm a TOS fan, and I loved this movie. And the first of this series. And TNG, and Voyager, and DS9, and Enterprise. All things Star Trek in fact.

I'm not a fan of remakes that pizz on the original (shrug)

Did you see this movie?

Did you see this movie?

I saw the first one.

I saw it in theaters and got the blu-ray last week. I liked the story, though they rearranged a few things from the original. But that's the problem that I have. Now that we did the two movies that have rebooted this franchise, are they going to finally make new movies with new plots? If I want to watch the first 10 movies again, I already have them on dvd. And I'm a big fan of Star Trek. Seen every episode of ever series and movie. I even have the animated series. :)

Did you see this movie?

I saw the first one.

That would be a "no." lol

Did you see this movie?

I saw the first one.

That would be a "no." lol

I hate when people say "No offense" before a post because it is a sign they are going to say something offensive...

But not offense to Logan, but I ignore everything he says about movies. In any other thread I read what he writes, but in movie threads I just ignore him.