• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I finally Saw Star Trek Into Darkness...

75 posts in this topic

I'm a TOS fan, and I loved this movie. And the first of this series. And TNG, and Voyager, and DS9, and Enterprise. All things Star Trek in fact.

I'm not a fan of remakes that pizz on the original (shrug)

Did you see this movie?

I saw the first one.

That would be a "no." lol

I hate when people say "No offense" before a post because it is a sign they are going to say something offensive...

But not offense to Logan, but I ignore everything he says about movies. In any other thread I read what he writes, but in movie threads I just ignore him.

I just like to pick on him because I can. :whee:

And the fact that he and moans in every movie thread...and has never seen a movie in his life. lol

:baiting::whee:

I actually liked this version of Khan better. There. I said it.

On top of that I am hoping that the rumors are true and that Benedict Cumberbatch may join the SW Universe.

I actually liked this version of Khan better. There. I said it.

On top of that I am hoping that the rumors are true and that Benedict Cumberbatch may join the SW Universe.

I did too.

I'm a TOS fan, and I loved this movie. And the first of this series. And TNG, and Voyager, and DS9, and Enterprise. All things Star Trek in fact.

Did you see this movie?

I saw the first one.

Aren't you the one who blitched about the new Spider-Man movie months before even a trailer was out...calling it twilight?

If I hated the first Star Trek movie, why should I assume they got it right for the second?

Did you see this movie?

I saw the first one.

I hate when people say "No offense" before a post because it is a sign they are going to say something offensive...

But not offense to Logan, but I ignore everything he says about movies. In any other thread I read what he writes, but in movie threads I just ignore him.

With all due respect, I don't pay much attention to anything you say in any thread (shrug)

Did you see this movie?

I saw the first one.

I just like to pick on him because I can. :whee:

And the fact that he and moans in every movie thread...and has never seen a movie in his life. lol

:baiting::whee:

:cry:

Did you see this movie?

I saw the first one.

With all due respect, I don't pay much attention to anything you say in any thread (shrug)

Who are you again?

To get somewhat back on topic, I can't wait to see the new Star Trek. I put on Wrath of Khan the other night and was enjoying it (all the Star Trek films are on Amazon Prime, just FYI). It was for family movie night and I don't think my daughter cared for it.

As soon as I have an extra $20 bucks around, I'll go pick this up on bluray.

Did you see this movie?

I saw the first one.

Who are you again?

Exactly.

In the original spock and kirk had been friends for years and the sacrifice meant something in Star Trek 2. In the new one they barely know each other...I know the writers think they were being clever by switching things up a bit, but please do something original if you are going to do a new timeline. Dont just mine old stories and swap a couple plot points and call it a day and dont rely on the relationship built in the previous continuity to make the things that happen resonate with the audience.

The new film was lazy as hell.

Robocop was the best character even if he was not_in_tune_with_social_norms crazy.

Did you see this movie?

I saw the first one.

Aren't you the one who blitched about the new Spider-Man movie months before even a trailer was out...calling it twilight?

If I hated the first Star Trek movie, why should I assume they got it right for the second?

The difference here is the fact that I was correct about the ASM movie. You won't watch the new Star Trek movie so you'll never know if you're correct or not. :banana:

Did you see this movie?

I saw the first one.

The difference here is the fact that I was correct about the ASM movie. You won't watch the new Star Trek movie so you'll never know if you're correct or not. :banana:

:whatev:

In the original spock and kirk had been friends for years and the sacrifice meant something in Star Trek 2. In the new one they barely know each other...I know the writers think they were being clever by switching things up a bit, but please do something original if you are going to do a new timeline. Dont just mine old stories and swap a couple plot points and call it a day and dont rely on the relationship built in the previous continuity to make the things that happen resonate with the audience.

The new film was lazy as hell.

Robocop was the best character even if he was not_in_tune_with_social_norms crazy.

That's really making me want to run out and rent it lol

Sounds pretty krappy.