• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Copper Age covers

256 posts in this topic

Love that Cerebus Jam cover.

When I was at Sim's house in March I got to see the original. It's even more stunning in person, as the original is about 4X the size of the printed version: 22" x 34" on canvas. Just amazing, and Preney did a fantastic job reproducing it for the comic.

Rai03.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

This comic (along with Rai #4) were, hands down, my favorite covers as a kid. I remember seeing them in Wizard Magazine and wondering if I would ever be able to afford them. I recall they were very pricey back then. Thanks for posting it....now I just need to get my hands on Rai 1-4.

So, what date or event are we using for the start of the Copper Age? Depending on that, I'll post a couple things.

I don't know about YOU guys but my own internal "Age-Setter" just says this:

Gold: 1938-1949

Late Gold: 1950-1959

Silver: 1960-1969

Bronze: 1970-1979

Copper: 1980-1989

Modern: 1990 to current

I just geep it simple. The decades by themselves pretty much spell it out for me. I don't really care which individual books start new ages. The different decades have enough personality of their own, comics and otherwise.

So, what date or event are we using for the start of the Copper Age? Depending on that, I'll post a couple things.

I don't know about YOU guys but my own internal "Age-Setter" just says this:

Gold: 1938-1949

Late Gold: 1950-1959

Silver: 1960-1969

Bronze: 1970-1979

Copper: 1980-1989

Modern: 1990 to current

I just geep it simple. The decades by themselves pretty much spell it out for me. I don't really care which individual books start new ages. The different decades have enough personality of their own, comics and otherwise.

Actually, I believe they're saying 1988 to 1994 (birth of Image Comics for some reason). confused-smiley-013.gif