• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Copper Age covers

256 posts in this topic

Sienkiewicz's work on Moon Knight doesn't get nearly enough credit. His covers on the later issues were truly groundbreaking. The #29 is one of the all-time best covers, and the original art exists in someone's collection. I own the #28, and love it. I would love to own the #29... such a simple cover..... the best ones always are.

I don't know. I really think your Crisis art is much nicer than that Hulk 340 due to the detail in the back ground. There's just so much empty whiteness in that Hulk art...

I agree. Same with Miracleman #15. Never noticed how similar those two covers were before.

crisis8.jpg612531-MiracleMan15_Totleben.jpg

Well, I can't say I disagree. Compared to what the Hulk 340 cover sold for last year, I think I got a bargain on the Crisis #8! But, I still consider the Crisis #8 a simple cover... compare it to most of the things Perez does, and you'll agree that Crisis #8 was a "simple" cover for him... just two (or three) characters is rare for Perez.

The Hulk 340 cover is one of those rare covers that actually looks a little better in color..... the mainly white cover in the original art makes it look a little skimpy, and less dramatic. That being said, there's no question I'd love to own it too!

Here's a more typical Perez cover... also from my collection... and also one of the best covers of the "copper age", in my opinion. It was used as a T-shirt and as a promotional poster for the Infinity Gauntlet series.

IG3.jpg

Here's the original art to Moon Knight #28, which I own. I used to have a scan of the #29 original art (which I do not own), but I can't seem to find it at the moment. These covers were pretty cheap only two years ago... hard to believe!

sienkiewicz-mk28.jpg

This cover by Zeck of Kraven dancing triumphantly with Spidey's costume has got to be one of the all-time best covers. Love it! I have never seen the original art to any of these available... I assume Zeck still has them.

Here's a more typical Perez cover... also from my collection... and also one of the best covers of the "copper age", in my opinion. It was used as a T-shirt and as a promotional poster for the Infinity Gauntlet series.

Have to agree with you on that Hari! It's a beautiful cover and a personal favourite of mine. I own the full size color guide.

Kevin

This cover by Zeck of Kraven dancing triumphantly with Spidey's costume has got to be one of the all-time best covers. Love it! I have never seen the original art to any of these available... I assume Zeck still has them.

Hari I hate to tell you but a private collector has every page and cover to that storyline. And I doubt they will see the light of day anytime soon. frown.gif

Here's the original art to Moon Knight #28, which I own. I used to have a scan of the #29 original art (which I do not own), but I can't seem to find it at the moment. These covers were pretty cheap only two years ago... hard to believe!

sienkiewicz-mk28.jpg

Love Sienkiewicz MK covers. Here's a scan of #4.

615126-MoonKnight4_Sienkiewicz_cover.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif

615126-MoonKnight4_Sienkiewicz_cover.jpg.21e72640cf9e4ff4b4a53878ba0b5ea1.jpg

Here are 4 of my favorite copper covers....and you really don't see these alot. I remember that my friend's brother had a copy of the first issue and I have a vivid memory of reading it in his basement when I was like 12. It only took me a decade, but I finally tracked down all 4 for myself cloud9.gif

10-06-2004111129PM.jpg