• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Strange Tales #180 -- Starlin, 1st Gamora -- (#179 added!) SOLD!

9 posts in this topic

Up for sale tonight: a respectable, presentable, and (I hope!) affordable copy of Strange Tales #180 (Starlin, natch! + the first appearance of Gamora), which I pulled out of my collection while putting together a larger SA/BA/CA lot I sold here on the boards very recently.

I've been a HUGE fan of Jim Starlin's work ever since I was a young teenager back in the '70s. Here's a vintage '70s J&S mail order form which I filled out but never sent in, probably because I was broke :cry: : note that only Starlin and Adams made the cut!

js5.jpg

Anyway, I'm glad to see that this material is finally getting its due with a wider audience!

----------------------------------------

SHIPPING:

• Shipping for this book is FREE in the US via fully insured USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation.

• Sorry -- NO international shipping at this time.

TERMS:

:takeit: in the thread rules.

• NO probies, HOS'ers, etc.

• PayPal is the ONLY form of payment I'll accept for this sale.

***IMPORTANT:*** Payment is due within 3 days of the PM invoice date -- no exceptions. If you require more time, please PM me FIRST before committing to buy.

• I usually ship within one day of receipt of payment; sometimes the same day, if I'm working from home!

Need larger scans? Detail pics? Interior pics? More info? Please feel free to PM me.

Finally, my feedback thread is located here (under my old username, but it's still me) -- as a former US Postal Service employee, I tend to get very high marks for my packaging and shipping, mostly because I know what NOT to do. . .! :grin:

My feedback thread!

----------------------------------------

Scans and price will be up next!

Thanks for looking! -Mike

Strange Tales #180: Solid Fine+.

This is a flat, tight, clean, and very glossy copy. Spine tics, ncb wear to both covers, and the number "3" written in pencil on the back cover are the only noteworthy defects.

Prices seem to be all over the map for this book right now, so let's start with…

$50 shipped and insured in the US

…and see what happens!

ST180-FVF-a.jpg

ST180-FVF-b.jpg

js5.jpg

Wow - I remember this catalog from when I was a kid (I also recall the Mile High catalog)!

And then I stock-piled a string of Alpha Flight when I could have bought Tales of Suspense #39 in mid-grade... sigh...

After looking at your order, I want to know how you got that 3% discount? :baiting:

That's for not using paypal.

Dan

Hah!

What really sucked is that my buddy back then was able to get all the books I would have ordered, and then some, because he had birthday money to roll with... :boo:

Okay...here's a VF copy of Strange Tales #179 to sweeten the deal (it's from the same collection as the 180 -- this one also has the number "3" written in pencil on the back and in the same spot).

Price is still the same:

$50 Priority shipped and insured in the US for BOTH books...

ST179-a.jpg

Okay...here's a VF copy of Strange Tales #179 to sweeten the deal (it's from the same collection as the 180 -- this one also has the number "3" written in pencil on the back and in the same spot).

Price is still the same:

$50 Priority shipped and insured in the US for BOTH books...

ST179-a.jpg

:takeit: